I've never had a chrono or dive watch
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I've never had a chrono or dive watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I've never had a chrono or dive watch

I think I should get one of each. Probably something weird for under $200 used.

Re: I've never had a chrono or dive watch

Best choices for a dive watch under $200 are going to be the Seiko SKX007 or Monster, or the Orient Mako or Ray.

If you want to stay under $200 for a chronograph, you're looking at quartz, even used.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by loki_the_bubba View Post
    I think I should get one of each.
    So you're taking up diving and some sort of racing?
    OzO likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Doodler View Post
    So you're taking up diving and some sort of racing?
    No, he's taking up dive racing...it's a new fringe extreme sports. People are petitioning to have it as an official event at the next X Games.

Under $200 Dive, Yes...agreed, I recommend Seiko; Monster or for a little more Stargate. Chrono, Seiko has a lot of nice choices as does Citizen.
    Last edited by ZASKAR36; February 2nd, 2012 at 02:58.

Quote Originally Posted by ZASKAR36 View Post
    No, he's taking up dive racing...it's a new fringe extreme sports. People are petitioning to have it as an official event at the next X Games.

Under $200 Dive, Yes...agreed, I recommend Seiko; Monster or for a little more Stargate. Chrono, Seiko has a lot of nice choices as does Citizen.
    Dive racing could be big. We can show it on the Ocho and advertise in Obscure Sports Quarterly.

Open-cockpit submarine drag racing?

I like Wenger for beater quartz. Wenger Aquagraph Chrono is selling for $150 on Amazon, and may fill the bill for both.

There is also the Wenger Battalion III Diver. 660M, $113 on amazon. Or $130 with link bracelet.

I have always been very happy with the fit and finish of my Wenger...at this price point.
    FLCx413 likes this.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Quote Originally Posted by Roller.959 View Post
    I like Wenger for beater quartz. Wenger Aquagraph Chrono is selling for $150 on Amazon, and may fill the bill for both.

There is also the Wenger Battalion III Diver. 660M, $113 on amazon. Or $130 with link bracelet.

I have always been very happy with the fit and finish of my Wenger...at this price point.

My experience with Wenger has not been good. I broke several. All Swiss Army from now on will be Victorinox. Those have worked for me.

I've had dive themed watches, now an 007 is inbound. The rugged design and simple dial that is easy to read in most conditions of day or night works very well in the military.

Chronographs can be useful, I've used the tachymeter to correct a speedo on the Jeep after installing larger tires. All the spinning hands are fun to watch, although I don't really have any need to time anything. The Timex Flyback with Compass was at the top of the list until I started surfing here and discovered Dive watches.

You won't know where your going during an open cockpit underwater drag race without a compass. But, you do need to have a rated watch so when it does go Spoing! you have an idea you're too deep.

It doesn't get a lot of love on here, but when faced with the same question, I bought an Invicta 8926OB. I would probably have bought an Orient Orange Mako had they been the same price. However, the Invicta was $50 cheaper and appeared equally hard-wearing. I've been very happy with the Invicta for the price.

And yes, now that I have the diving watch, I have started looking for diving classes. It hate to waste the water-resistance of a diving watch on washing dishes and showering.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information