I've started a trend in my office!
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I've started a trend in my office!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I've started a trend in my office!

And some of you won't like it....

I've gotten a few people into watches, and at least one guy is wearing a watch now when he didn't wear one before (It's the SRP043K2 I sold him). But now, thanks to my NATOs, there are two other guys at the office wearing NATO straps to work! One of them is the same guy with the Spork; his dad bought him one of those overpriced J.Crew Timex watches and a few 18mm NATO straps for it, so now that's his daily wearer. And another guy got NATO envy and bought one for his Montblanc chrono (I think it might be a Timewalker, but I'm not sure. It's a thick one, where the bezel and caseback are wider than the middle of the case).

Any similar stories on your end?
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Re: I've started a trend in my office!

I have also. People now go out of their way to show off their new purchase. I havent figured out a way to tell them they just brought a crappy. A few people asked me about some watches that had stuff like non function chrono's. I told them not to buy it. They ignored me of course. The watches fell apart within 2 weeks.
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

I've recommended watches to friends etc.. and some have bought them, some haven't.
    Those that didn't, bought cheap £5 watches, that almost instantly broke..

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Way to lead the pack! I've been "A Watch Guy" since I was in elementary school, but I didn't know about NATO straps until a year ago and now they are a reliable part of my collection.

That is the challenge, isn't it. I've had the same experience. Friends got excited about my watches and without getting my advice, went out and spent money on low quality models, money that would have bought a comparable looking better working watch for the same dime. I don't fault anyone for getting what they like, but not if it's going to fall apart on them.

I'm not a fan of Nato's but if it arouses interest in watches then I'm all for it. Unfortunately I've yet to influence anyone in my workplace. I'm sure they all think that spending more than a couple hundred on a watch is insane and I suspect that's their opinion of me, given the look I received when I mentioned how much I paid for my pre-owned Aqua Terra .

I like nato's and think they work well on many different type of watches.
    I couldn't start a trend at my work if I tried!
    One guy at my work is a real WIS but he always up's me. His collection basically consists of AP's and IWC's. I show of my Tudor chrono, he shows me his AP Royal Oak Offshore.......that's OK though, I really like seeing what he's got on his wrist when ever I bump into him.

haven't gotten anyone in to NATO's, but a friend of mine was looking for a watch & asked me. She was on a budget, so I turned her on to Seiko 5's......her husband wanted to get her some white, blingy Guess watch. She went ahead & got a nice 5, which she is very happy with now.

She now tells me that she's looking at everyones watch, & was even doing some online window shopping for other watches.....think I may have made her a Jr. WIS.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

Someone opened Pandora's box... I got my cousin into watches and he says I spoiled him. Before, he used to wear $50 watches that just looked good, you know, like a Skagen, but he can't stop getting watches from independent brands for around $1000!

I wish I could talk watches with people at work, but my Coworkers are girls and they really dont seem to care much about them. Every once in a while a patient would wear a nice watch and we would trade a few comments, but they are there for other things and I usually got to move on to the next one pretty soon.

I am in Tictoc's position. My coworkers are mostly non-WIS. Many of my customers, OTOH, are into watches at least a little bit. At work, one would take me for a Seiko or Sinn evangelist.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information