iwc 2000 or breitling superocean or the JLC master compressor navy seals diving chronograph
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: iwc 2000 or breitling superocean or the JLC master compressor navy seals diving chronograph

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

iwc 2000 or breitling superocean or the JLC master compressor navy seals diving chronograph

Hi

I am a little confused and need some help in choosing the right watch. I love dive watches and am just about starting my collection. I own a Omeaga seamaster chrono which is the most expensive watch I own till date. I am going to do masters degree in the US so my family wants me to buy a watch of my choice. I checked all the watches and am totally in love with the JLC. However I do like the IWC and the Breitling superocean. I have a pretty big wrist so all of them look good. I keep changing my mind ever so often and I need to decided in the next few days before my family members change their mind. . I am new to this forum and don't know a great deal about the intricacies as far the watches are concerned. I do know that all of them are good and that makes it all the more confusing. Thanks!

Re: iwc 2000 or breitling superocean or the JLC master compressor navy seals diving chronograph

What is the budget?

JLC MC Navy Seals is somewhat of a marketing gimmick (yes, even the best brands sometimes fall into this trap). If you have an option to go as high as $9K, then JLC Deep Sea is way better in every way.

Name:  834058d1348888699-jlc-deepsea-chrono-vs-zenith-el-primero-striking-1-10-jlc-deepsea1.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  230.8 KB

Re: iwc 2000 or breitling superocean or the JLC master compressor navy seals diving chronograph

IWC is very tough and more shiny bits than JLC. JLC is very comfortable. The older model GP seahawk and Bremont supermarine are worth a look.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for your reply! The budget is about $9k. The watch that you suggested is not available here. I am from India btw. I was always under the impression that the Navy seals GMT is a great watch. I don't have too much of a choice and I need to decide asap. Anything else that you would suggest?

Yea the IWC is definitely shiny. Yes! the JLC felt very comfortable sat well on my wrist. I am not much for the bling look and the JLC is more subtle and very few would even care to notice it here. So would you suggest the JLC? I cannot find any of the models that you mentioned.

JLC or IWC
    Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by PanzerOrange View Post
    What is the budget?

JLC MC Navy Seals is somewhat of a marketing gimmick (yes, even the best brands sometimes fall into this trap). If you have an option to go as high as $9K, then JLC Deep Sea is way better in every way.

Name:  834058d1348888699-jlc-deepsea-chrono-vs-zenith-el-primero-striking-1-10-jlc-deepsea1.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  230.8 KB
    Been reading the Watch Snob again? You're probably right about the Deep Sea being the way to go. However, while the JLC Navy Seals is something of a marketing gimmick, it's an attractive one, and I'd still gladly fall for it before I opted for the IWC or Breitling.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

well, in that case I'd take a JLC anyway, you can't go wrong with it and it is a lot more respectable brand than both IWC and Breitling.

out of pure curiosity, is Breguet Aeronavale available where you live? another good option for a diver in your budget...

Also, how about Rolex Submariner no date?

All three are great divers in my opinion. I'd suggest that you go with the one that you like best aesthetically. Forget for a moment that the JLC is associated with a military division (you can't even tell the Navy Seals association unless you look at the case back anyway), it is still in my opinion a great looking watch that is very well made. So don't let that association sway you away from getting a fine piece.
    theveilofmaya likes this.

JLC
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46