IWC Aquatimer or JLC Master Compressor
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Absolut_PH

Thread: IWC Aquatimer or JLC Master Compressor

IWC Aquatimer or JLC Master Compressor

I'm looking to get opinions on the two...I'm at an impasse on which one to go with. Would be the IWC Galapagos (yes I know it's rubber coated and all the associated negative comments), the bronze Charles Darwin version (probably my choice if IWC), or the Jaques Cousteau version. In the JLC it would be the Chronograph Ceramic all black face version.

Whatever I get will go in to my rotation which currently includes DSOTM, Seamaster 300, and a couple Suunto. Don't need it dressy as I never dress up above a collared shirt and jeans.

Looking for quality, what is going to hold up, and what is going to maintain value the best.

Also open to similarly priced options up to 15k, that are not Rolex.

Re: IWC Aquatimer or JLC Master Compressor

Ooh. Tough choice - both are really nice watches.

Add the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms to the list? The definitive dive watch, also has the sapphire bezel and if your funds stretch to 15k, you can get the sunburst blue or the chrono version.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Quote Originally Posted by vkalia View Post
    Ooh. Tough choice - both are really nice watches.

Add the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms to the list? The definitive dive watch, also has the sapphire bezel and if your funds stretch to 15k, you can get the sunburst blue or the chrono version.
    Yeah, the Bathyscaphe Chronographe Flyback Ocean Commitment is pretty awesome...thanks for the recommendation!
    vkalia likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Huge price difference between the BP Flyback and the IWC JC or Galapagos, if you can swing for it, the BP wins

Thread Information