IWC and Cartier selling with Tommy Bahama and Invicta!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: IWC and Cartier selling with Tommy Bahama and Invicta!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

IWC and Cartier selling with Tommy Bahama and Invicta!

Yep, I went into a local Costco store last night (a big U.S. membership chain that sells stuff you don't need in Jabba the Hutt sized packages for no cheaper than you can get anywhere else).

There was a brand new IWC, I'm pretty sure it was the Ingenieur Auto limited edition (3233) for $5999.00, right next to a Cartier Pasha Seatimer chrono for $7999.00.

These were surrounded by fine specimens from those well-known collector firms: Tommy Bahama, Gucci, "Valentino" and Invicta. On the other side were a couple of G-Shocks and Citizens.

Maybe the only thing I should have been surprised about was that the IWC and Cartier didn't come in a 3-pack...!

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Re: IWC and Cartier selling with Tommy Bahama and Invicta!

How do the prices on their high end pieces compare to jewelry store AD prices?

A friend purchased a Citizen Orca a couple of years ago which ended up needing warranty repairs - there was no problem getting Citizen to do the work under warranty.

Wonder if that's true for the high end pieces they are selling?

You should have bought them.
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lots of threads on this topic.. be sure to search for Google for "Omega vs Costco", very interesting subject!

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Last edited by portauto; February 5th, 2012 at 14:41.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

Quote Originally Posted by portauto View Post
    Lots of threads on this topic.. be sure to search for Google for "Omega vs Costco", very interesting subject!

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Yes, I remember the "Omega vs. Costco" issue! I was suprised though to find IWC and Cartier -- the only other "good" watches I've seen at Costco are TAG Heuer, which they have occasionally but the prices aren't anything to make me want to bite.

I don't find Costco very cheap on anything to be honest, and you end up spending a lot of money because you have to buy in Hippo lot sizes. Their computers and cameras are almost always more expensive than what I can get otherwise also.

The prices for the IWC and Cartier weren't all that much better than gray market; in fact, the IWC is more expensive and the Cartier a little less. I suppose you get the Costco "no quibble" guarantee on them. Way out of my league though...I hate to say it, but the IWC did not look like a 6 grand watch, more like, oh, $1,500.00 or so. The Cartier Pasha Seatimer was pretty cool, if you lived in Miami or Vegas maybe and needed some bling.

Sodiac

Spotted a Rolex at my local one last month.

I think I have you guys beat. Went to my local Costco last week. They had a Panerai for $17,999! I almost fainted. Noone who has $18k is going to go to Costco to buy watches, and it isn't like someone is going to pick up their extra large box of Cherrios and a Panerai watch. They also had a blue dial Breitling for Bentley for $7999 and a Superocean, some Tags, Raymond Weils, as well as the same affordable and fashion brands listed by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Duder View Post
    I think I have you guys beat. Went to my local Costco last week. They had a Panerai for $17,999! I almost fainted. Noone who has $18k is going to go to Costco to buy watches, and it isn't like someone is going to pick up their extra large box of Cherrios and a Panerai watch. They also had a blue dial Breitling for Bentley for $7999 and a Superocean, some Tags, Raymond Weils, as well as the same affordable and fashion brands listed by the OP.
    Costco Beverly Hills?

Sodiac

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Costco Beverly Hills?
    Lol. No- Staten Island, NY ;)

I fell in love with that blue dial Breitling -

I've seen Chopard and IWC >$10k at the one here in Houston.

Mostly all TAG since the Omega suit though

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information