IWC Portofino Monopusher Edition “Tribeca Film Festival 2015” Unique Piece

Thread: IWC Portofino Monopusher Edition “Tribeca Film Festival 2015” Unique Piece

Watchuseek Editor

IWC Portofino Monopusher Edition “Tribeca Film Festival 2015” Unique Piece

Name:  IWC_Portofino Monopusher TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL 2015_IW515105_Lifestyle.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  197.4 KB

IWC Schaffhausen celebrates the world of filmmaking for the third consecutive year as the Official ‘Festival-Time’ Partner of the Tribeca Film Festival® in New York. To honor the festival and support its nonprofit affiliate, Tribeca Film Institute (TFI), IWC will auction a unique timepiece – the Portofino Monopusher Edition “TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL 2015” which introduces a new complication to the company’s watch collection portfolio. The special online-only auction is taking place from April 1 to April 10, 2015, with Christie’s, through Christie’s auctioneers.

“For many years now, we have had a passion for cinema. Every filmmaker tells a story with their films, and at IWC, storytelling is in our DNA.Tribeca Film Institute has proved year in and year out to be one of the world’s premier charitable organizations when it comes to nurturing and elevating young filmmakers. It is a privilege to be in our third year of our partnership with such a highly regarded institution and a film festival.” Georges Kern, CEO of IWC Schaffhausen.

Name:  IWC_Portofino Monopusher TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL 2015_IW515105.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  180.5 KB

IWC will again make a donation to Tribeca Film Institute, the nonprofit affiliate of the Tribeca Film Festival, through the auction of watch and the entire proceeds will go to support Tribeca Film Institute. The auction package also includes exclusive VIP access to the Tribeca Film Festival, an invitation to the “For the Love of Cinema” private dinner hosted by IWC Schaffhausen, as well as luxury hotel accommodation in New York City. Interested buyers from all over the globe by visiting www.christies.com/iwctribeca.

“This is an excellent opportunity to acquire not only an exceptional timepiece, but to also make a difference to the future of a filmmaker” John Reardon, International Head of Christie’s Watches.

The Portofino Monopusher features a single push-button mechanism, which is integrated in the crown. Pressing the multifunctional pusher twice starts and stops the chronograph. When it is pushed a third time, all the chronograph hands are reset to zero. The chronograph records times of up to 60 minutes. The movement has a power reserve of 192 hours – or precisely 8 days. The timepiece also features a white gold case set against a slate-colored dial with Bordeaux subdials. As in years past, the subdials’ hue is inspired by Hollywood’s iconic red carpet, while the slate-colored dial is inspired by the streets of Tribeca in New York, laden with steel and concrete.

Name:  IWC_Portofino Monopusher TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL 2015_IW515105_Back.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  181.3 KB

The case back bears the logo of the Tribeca Film Festival and the engraved lettering “Unique Piece.” The Portofino Monopusher Edition “TRIBECA FILM FESTIVAL 2015” Unique Piece will be available exclusively through the online auction by Christie’s.

Visit the IWC Schaffhausen website

Re: IWC Portofino Monopusher Edition “Tribeca Film Festival 2015” Unique Piece

That watch is absolutely stunning. Tried the non-LE version of this (all grey dial) and was blown away by the detail and the movement. (although a bit large at 45mm).
    But that caseback.. oh my - I'd wear it face down if I could

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    I'd wear it faced down
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Absolutely stunning.
    Would you say I have a plethora of watches?

OK I'll admit it...it doesn't do anything for me. I'd get excited if they used different hands and moved the power reserve to the back of the watch.

Thread Information