Iwc portoguese chrono questions

Thread: Iwc portoguese chrono questions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Iwc portoguese chrono questions

I'm lucky enough to be in a position to pull the trigger on this fantastic watch. But before i do so. I have a lingering question. Given that this is an inhouse movement, are there any issues i shouod be aware of? Besides servicing costs?

The other question i also have is, my dealer is willing to order in the stainless steel grey face model on the brown santoni. I've been wanting to try that combi ever since i saw a datograph supported by a dark brown santoni online. What do u guys think? Or should i just go for the laureus edition with the absolutely mesmerizing dial

Re: Iwc portoguese chrono questions

Which reference are you talking about 3902 or 3714, because as far as I know 3714 is not in house it's a Valjoux 7750 and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The Laureus dial looks lovely!

EDIT: NVM re-read your post, I guess we are talking about 3904 which is in-house
    Last edited by borasar; July 31st, 2014 at 03:58.

I'd suggest you post some pics or at least links to help with responses. Most people know or won't go look up those combos that you're talking about.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Whoops. Got a little too excited and carried away. So http://static.squarespace.com/static...HCLASSIC-2.jpg with the strap of http://www.ablogtowatch.com/wp-conte...Classic-14.jpg. Or alternatively http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JZRFI-_c6e...390406+-+1.jpg with the same brown strap

Oh man... tough choice between the white face and blue face. I think I'd go blue face because it's in steel and the dial has a bit more going on.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

If you're going to go with a brown strap I suggest white dial. I really don't see how the grey and brown or blue and brown will work.

Be aware that the Laureus is supposed to be a limited edition (with I think 1000 watches). So it may be quite a bit more than the usual Portuguese, or not available.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Swatch | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon |
    Waiting to be on deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

I have to admit. I got seduced by http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...d.jpg~original
    Plus i love the patina that brown develops over time

I don't think the chronos have an in-house movement. You have to move up to the 7 Day Reserve to get the in-house movement.

To me it's between the white and blue dial.

However, the white dial has a rose gold case, so the question is do you want rose gold or steel?

If yo like the rose gold, go for the white dial, if you want steel, then it should be the blue dial.

However, there is a white dial with steel case w/ blued hands and numerals which would be my first choice.

Rose gold is a lot dressier and you may not be able to pull off on more casual days.

The steel case be dressed up or down.

Can't go wrong either way.
    Last edited by Justin Stacks; July 31st, 2014 at 15:37.
    Present: ROLEX Hulk Submariner, Pepsi GMT 16750 & 2T Datejust 1601 * PANERAI Radiomir PAM183 * IWC Ingenieur Mission Earth * BREITLING Navitimer Olympus * SEIKO Orange Monster * TISSOT PRC200 * SWATCH '86 Lancelot

Past: BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
    * OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean XL (Sold) * SEVENFRIDAY P3-1 (Sold) * SEIKO Black Monster (Traded) & Fifty-Five Fathoms Mod (Sold) * HAMILTON '60 Masterpiece Thin-o-matic (Sold)

Hunting:
    AP RO 15400

The Grail (Someday): Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Time is too precious to measure with a cheap watch * The greatest luxury in life is time. Savour every second.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Stacks View Post
    I don't think the chronos have an in-house movement. You have to move up to the 7 Day Reserve to get the in-house movement.
    the classic chrono has an in-house movement

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information