IWW still in business ??
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: IWW still in business ??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused IWW still in business ??

After 20 years of sending various watches to Jack for modding or service and all we’re prefect.

I must say I am extremely disappointed in my recent request for communications from Jack regarding the relume of my Seiko 6309 received at his shop on June 1st and my $157 check cashed the following week.

No communication whatsoever.

Most of us would expect some sort of notification regarding time of service, receipt, etc. And of course there are variables and exceptions to that. since my VM’s have gone unanswered and emails also. Realize the recent weather could have caused some issues but again Communications are paramount with any business and their customers.

Anyone know?
    Last edited by safetypro79; September 28th, 2018 at 17:49.

Re: IWW still in business ??

Sorry to hear this John. Hope it all turns out well.

Sent from my ZUK Z2131 using Tapatalk

Jack has been having health problems, as noted in some of his automated emails from earlier in the year. I talked with him a few weeks ago and he finally seems to be doing better but is no longer taking new orders and is trying to work through his backlog. He's had my watch sine February.

Over the years he's been one of the best resources for WIS - particularly for those into vintage watches. Hopefully by the end of the year IWW will be back up to normal speed.
    E8ArmyDiver likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, they've also had major flooding with Hurricane Florence just last week, and remnants still dropping heavy rain. Of course, that doesn't explain the lack of comm before the hurricane.

I tried to contact them yesterday, and their web site is down. I've lived through hurricanes, they can make a mess of things (flooding, water, lack of power, etc.)

I did hear that Jack was having some health issues, but as mentioned it, might not justify a lack of communications I suspect there are family members that can communicate any issues related to work. As I mentioned I was a very early customer in about 1994, and have always been pleased with his team's ( now I believe on one employee) work which has been exceptional. Not sure where Cary NC was in regards to hurricane damage or flooding. I will hope for the best regarding my 6309.

I spoke with Jack recently on an actual phone...His lack of comms is 3 fold,his poor health,a family members poor health & travel due to poor health...He has stated that he will NEVER be able to complete his backlog and is not accepting any other work...IWW is for all intents and purpose OOB...

That is bad had this happen on a custom order previously lost all the money through paypal. Six months later I got an apology, no money. That said Jack is a super good guy and I am sure he will take care of you.

Then if so, I would guess he would return uncompleted work and refund customers money?

Otherwise I can consider my $450 valued 6309 and $157 paired in advance for relume a loss.......

Quote Originally Posted by safetypro79 View Post
    Then if so, I would guess he would return uncompleted work and refund customers money?

Otherwise I can consider my $450 valued 6309 and $157 paired in advance for relume a loss.......
    Jack is not a thief..If he has your watch I'm sure he is doing everything he can to make sure his contracted obligations are taken care of...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information