Jacques Lemans Valjoux 7750 and 7751

Thread: Jacques Lemans Valjoux 7750 and 7751

Jacques Lemans Valjoux 7750 and 7751

For couple of years already I owned a simple quartz chronograph from Jacques Lemans, that moved my interest up to consider buying automatic movement Valjoux 7750 and later on 7751. The former is pre-owned and performs well, the latter I got brand new and chronograph hands do not reset precisley to zero.Even worse, with every new resset second hand takes a new idle position, a step forward to previous one, clockwise. 12 hour counter is reset somewhere at 2 hours while only 30 min hand goes back to zero. Since the watch is brand new, ordered through Amazon, from upscale time, am considering my options but am reluctant to shipping it back and forth to US since I live in Japan.Is it an easy fix that I could do locally with a repair shop, a factory fault or damage possibly done by myself if I did not follow 7751 rule not to adjust date when time - hour hands are between 8pm and 2 am? It's not a great feeling to have USD 1,000 watch, brand new, with hands in wrong position.Thank you very much to any potential comment.

Regards,George

PS
    I really believe that Jacques Lemans provide a great value compared to many other, very expensive brands
    Last edited by george.riderr; December 2nd, 2011 at 06:12. Reason: E

Re: Jacques Lemans Valjoux 7750 and 7751

Quote Originally Posted by george.riderr View Post
    For couple of years already I owned a simple quartz chronograph from Jacques Lemans, that moved my interest up to consider buying automatic movement Valjoux 7750 and later on 7751. The former is pre-owned and performs well, the latter I got brand new and chronograph hands do not reset precisley to zero.Even worse, with every new resset second hand takes a new idle position, a step forward to previous one, clockwise. 12 hour counter is reset somewhere at 2 hours while only 30 min hand goes back to zero. Since the watch is brand new, ordered through Amazon, from upscale time, am considering my options but am reluctant to shipping it back and forth to US since I live in Japan.Is it an easy fix that I could do locally with a repair shop, a factory fault or damage possibly done by myself if I did not follow 7751 rule not to adjust date when time - hour hands are between 8pm and 2 am? It's not a great feeling to have USD 1,000 watch, brand new, with hands in wrong position.Thank you very much to any potential comment.

Regards,George

PS
    I really believe that Jacques Lemans provide a great value compared to many other, very expensive brands
    I don't know of the quality of JL, but I have compared prices and they do offer a very good deal.

Now, before you rush off to your local watch maker, I'd wait for some better educated watch guys than myself to give their opinions. But if I'm understanding your problem right, the chronograph's various hands are not aligned correctly. I believe this is not a big deal to fix locally. The 7750 is a very, very common movement.

just shake it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Dear CitizenM,

Thank you very much for the opinion, I do agree on all points and will try to extend my research before taking action. Still, thanks to TK-421, too - the only action I will take immediately, as suggested, is to shake it

Thank you,
    George

Thread Information