Jaeger LeCoultre Extreme World Chronograph is to be kept?

Thread: Jaeger LeCoultre Extreme World Chronograph is to be kept?

Question Jaeger LeCoultre Extreme World Chronograph is to be kept?

Hi,

My question is simple: the JLC Extreme World Chronograph is to be kept?

I bought one about a year ago. This watch depreciates a good amount. Luckily I got 20% from the jewelry.

Now I got an offer to sell the watch at 55% of its retail price.

I like the watch now but maybe in a few years… So, do you think this watch is a master piece that will become a classic or it is a fashion trend that may change shortly?

Best regards.

Banned
    where leaves, boatmen, dinosaurs, and a bevy of other losers pretend to play sports

Re: Jaeger LeCoultre Extreme World Chronograph is to be kept?

Who cares what we think - you're the one that opened their wallet, so how do you feel about it.

I don't see how JLC would ever go out of style - this is just a really crummy time to try and sell anything. People are pinching pennies harder than ever in this economic climate.

You bought it for a reason, hopefully the reason was not investment. Were it me, I'd keep it for sure, and wear it regularly. But, thats me - I don't sell watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post
    Who cares what we think - you're the one that opened their wallet, so how do you feel about it.

I don't see how JLC would ever go out of style - this is just a really crummy time to try and sell anything. People are pinching pennies harder than ever in this economic climate.

You bought it for a reason, hopefully the reason was not investment. Were it me, I'd keep it for sure, and wear it regularly. But, thats me - I don't sell watches.
    I agree with this. Except if you don't like it anymore or wear it - get rid of it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Personally, I do not get rid of any of my watches.
    As it is a JLC, it will always be a High End watch, always. In 20 years time, it is a valuable Vintage watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Biased&Critical View Post

+1

personally i absolutely love this watch...so maybe ill pay you 60% of the purchase price?

I'd keep it, but i'd also buy the bracelet for it ;)

If it ain't getting any wrist time please send it my way. LOL..If you like the watch now please enjoy it and wear it. You can always sell it or trade it in later.
    Regards,

Richard

I would say, respectfully, that this is probably not a timeless design that will be admired fondly 20 years hence. If you are on the fence (and you are, or you wouldn't have queried the forum) then I'd move it along. Don't just keep it because "it's a JLC."

Thread Information