James Bond
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: James Bond

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Was watching die another day and thought, well, I wonder if he wears an automatic or quartz? I mean, he does a lot of fighting and I don't think an automatic can handle that kind of abuse. Plus the gadgets they have so they must be quartz! But then again, he is James bond so he must wear an auto! What do you guys think? I'm talking modern bond like Pierce and Daniel
    Last edited by stratct; February 4th, 2012 at 07:09.
    Stratocasters Rock!

Re: James Bond

stratct,

If you grew up when quartz was already mainstream, it might be a bit difficult to see how people managed before quartz was invented, that includes underestimating the toughness of mechanicals. Quartz watches were at first considered to be much more delicate than mechanicals, until the advent of the G-Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Seele
    stratct,

If you grew up when quartz was already mainstream, it might be a bit difficult to see how people managed before quartz was invented, that includes underestimating the toughness of mechanicals. Quartz watches were at first considered to be much more delicate than mechanicals, until the advent of the G-Shock.
    What about the gadgets? Lol! Oh! And you can call me Shane :)
    Stratocasters Rock!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't know. I am still trying to figure out the color and clarity of the diamonds needed for Blofeld's Refraction Laser Satellite from Diamonds are Forever.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Pierce wore a quartz Craig wore a auto 300M in the first movie and a PO in the second. I can hardly wait for the next movie. Craig is a boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus
    Pierce wore a quartz Craig wore a auto 300M in the first movie and a PO in the second. I can hardly wait for the next movie. Craig is a boss!
    Thanks for the info! Right?! He is amazing!
    Stratocasters Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Roller.959
    I don't know. I am still trying to figure out the color and clarity of the diamonds needed for Blofeld's Refraction Laser Satellite from Diamonds are Forever.
    Lmao! I need to see that one again. I'm the biggest bond fan, it's probably his bad puns that get me :D
    Stratocasters Rock!

Banned

Another hypothetical nerd thread. Bond is fictional, the watches are props except for a few close-ups. Out of curiosity, how old are you?
    nuovorecord and akasnowmaaan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stratct View Post
    Was watching die another day and thought, well, I wonder if he wears an automatic or quartz? I mean, he does a lot of fighting and I don't think an automatic can handle that kind of abuse. Plus the gadgets they have so they must be quartz! But then again, he is James bond so he must wear an auto! What do you guys think? I'm talking modern bond like Pierce and Daniel
    The actors playing the fictional bond have worn either quartz or mechanical depending on the movie going all the way back to tbe 1960's. Yes that far back. Are you aware that they are acting, use props and only show the real one in the paid for closeup wrist shots? Yes there is a lot of not so subliminal paid for advertising in movies.
    Last edited by John MS; February 5th, 2012 at 03:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodler View Post
    Out of curiosity, how old are you?
    Don't answer that Stratct. And whatever you do, don't agree to a face to face meeting. Stay safe.
    Code4, 3ther, Chronopolis and 7 others like this.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information