JS Watch Vs. Dornbluth
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: JS Watch Vs. Dornbluth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

JS Watch Vs. Dornbluth

Hi there its my first post and all but I was wondering if I could pick the wonderful brains of the members here as to the qualities of the JS Watch vs. the Dornbluth stable.
    I am aware that JS use "generic" movements, whereas Dornbluth use a heavily moded/in house movement. But aside from this is a marked divergence in quality between the two. To my layman eyes they both look exquisite but I can only afford one, and this watch I want to be a keeper. Frankly I find both beautiful though the JS is roughly 1000 Euro cheaper than the Dorn.

Your responses are appreciated.

Re: JS Watch Vs. Dornbluth

As far as fit and finish I have heard nothing bad about either however the Dornbluth will be stunning from both sides while the JS less so. If you can afford the DB I would go that route, they are uniformly appreciated around here for superb craftsmanship for the price. If the 1k is a deal breaker the JS is a fantastic looking piece.

Either way, you'll justify it after the fact and be happy with your choice.
    Current Rotation:
    6 Keepers, 2 Rotators
    and a few guilty pleasures...

Dress Watches Casual Watches Sport Watches Rotators
    High A. Lange & Söhne 1815 Up/Down Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chrono Rolex GMT Master II 16710 Breguet Classique Chronograph 3237
    Low Cartier Tank Basculante Heuer Carrera 1964 Re-Edition CS3111 Longines Legend Diver no-date Ralph Lauren Slim 867 White Gold

Instagram @mzhammer_wis

MZ Hammer appreciate your answer, prior to joining read a lot of your posts (good taste ;))

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A compare thread without picures ?!

You're killing me !
    Armchair likes this.

@ Noobheure, well sorry to disappoint
    Mind a Stowa and Dorn look almost identical on a "picture" level.

I actually came accross this watch JS Watch co. Reykjavik - Islandus Special Edition when I was watch browsing last week (with no intentions to buy... unfortunately) the back is quite eye catching !

My grail is a Stowa actually ! Checking out the Dornbluth website their mouvements are heavily decorated and very nice looking with the côte de Genève, but the JS mouvements are also quite good looking !

I recently bought a Kemmner and it's a classic 6497 ETA but I love how it's decorated : Attachment 980043

I guess you can't go wrong with any of the two watches from what I've read about them, but JS watch being an Islandic company kind of makes it pretty fun and interesting IMO

Mmm that is pretty.
    I know both are beauties and both "atelier" products which is what I am after. But as always is the case with Dorn if you can afford the extra go for the Dorn, or why waste money on a "insert better known brand" save £££'s and get a Dorn... lol
    BUT JS do look stunning and in some ways seem "prettier" on the outside to me. Plus the generic movement does not bug me as much as it may others.

I'd go DB&S. Seems like a better value and a more special piece. Also I just like how their designs look more on average.
    Nishant likes this.

Watchrecon doesn't have JS in their drop-down, but does have Dornbluth . . . and no one ever seems to sell them.

Not sure I understand your point, Dorn is a rare but sought after brand? JS is rare and not sought after?

Aesthetically both do it for me, but yes the "heart" of the Dorn does tend to have watch freaks drooling...
    Quote Originally Posted by cprrckwlf View Post
    Watchrecon doesn't have JS in their drop-down, but does have Dornbluth . . . and no one ever seems to sell them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information