Jean Richard's brand ambassador Nik Wallenda to walk tightrope across Grand Canyon
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kittysafe
  • 1 Post By -JoeK-
  • 1 Post By -JoeK-

Thread: Jean Richard's brand ambassador Nik Wallenda to walk tightrope across Grand Canyon

Inactive

Jean Richard's brand ambassador Nik Wallenda to walk tightrope across Grand Canyon

A new brand to AZ Fine Time, Jean Richard, has recently partnered up with daredevil and tight wire artist Nik Wallenda. This coming Sunday, Nik will attempt to walk across the Grand Canyon, over 1,500 ft high, without the security of a safety net. Nik comes from a family of tight rope walkers. Over 200 years and 7 generations have been involved in this aerobatic act, and Nik is no exception. He has trained immensely in order to ensure his safety, and is more than confident in accomplishing this feat. To see the event live as it happens, you can tune into the Discovery Channel or Discovery.com at 8pm EST or 5pm PST.

We are looking forward to receiving the Jean Richard brand in store by the beginning of July. They have some truly incredible timepieces, which you can see HERE. Other brand ambassadors for Jean Richard include yachtsman Franck Cammas, wildlife photographer Nick Brandt, and heroic pilot Capt. Chesley Sullenberger.

Re: Jean Richard's brand ambassador Nik Wallenda to walk tightrope across Grand Canyon

I will be checking this out. I've visited the grand canyon once, it's truly a mind blowing experience.
    JoeAZFT likes this.

Re: Jean Richard's brand ambassador Nik Wallenda to walk tightrope across Grand Canyon

Having visited the Grand Canyon, I have a hard time believing anyone could do this. It certainly would be an incredible feat. What puzzles me most though is why would the National Parks Service go along with this? Why would they allow someone to risk their life for personal gain? Is he walking a segment of the canyon that is not park of the park or is privately held?
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am curious how he thinks he can account for the potential unpredictable winds in the Grand Canyon. If he slips up, something tells me that that Jean Richard is going to be nowhere near shock proof enough...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    Having visited the Grand Canyon, I have a hard time believing anyone could do this. It certainly would be an incredible feat. What puzzles me most though is why would the National Parks Service go along with this? Why would they allow someone to risk their life for personal gain? Is he walking a segment of the canyon that is not park of the park or is privately held?
    I believe it is on a portion that is part of the Hualapai Indian Reservation.
    Kittysafe likes this.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    I am curious how he thinks he can account for the potential unpredictable winds in the Grand Canyon. If he slips up, something tells me that that Jean Richard is going to be nowhere near shock proof enough...
    He apparently was training in conditions with winds around 90mph. He was also talking about how if he should fall, he is prepared to grab and hang on to the wire. It's going to be hot out, so I guess he prepared for the wire to be over 110°.
    Kittysafe likes this.

Inactive

Just screw some of these to the underside of his shoes - and he's going nowhere if he loses balance

Name:  ringbracket.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  5.9 KB

He wouldn't be able to cross feet though, just have to shuffle along lol

I bet he's got some safety system in place <somewhere/somehow>

Actually a heavyweight watch on each wrist would work to his advantage
    Last edited by watchma; June 22nd, 2013 at 01:50.

Thread Information