Jewelry Counter Watch Brands...do You Own Any?

Thread: Jewelry Counter Watch Brands...do You Own Any?

Jewelry Counter Watch Brands...do You Own Any?

My neighbor is heading to Macy's, Dilliards, etc. tonight to look for a watch to wear tomorrow for Easter. I offered to let him borrow a Longines, one of two Omega watches, an Audemars Piguet, a Grand Seiko, two Seiko watches, eight Hamilton watches and a few others. He's under the impression that if Macy's or Dillards doesn't sell the brand then they aren't good. I had terrible luck with the Guess, Raymond Weil and other various brands found in retailers. Do any of you have any luck? Guess he has money burning a hole in his pocket.

Re: Jewelry Counter Watch Brands...do You Own Any?

I don't own one, but Seiko makes a solid watch. Not sure how many automatic versions they'll have at the department store though, but maybe he's just not a watch guy and that doesn't matter to him.

Money burning a hole in his pocket? It's a lot cheaper buying a $300 Seiko quartz than a Swiss automatic.
    Omega | Rolex | Panerai | Tag Heuer | Grand Seiko | Longines | Baume & Mercier | LIV

Our local Macy's (or perhaps it's Dillard's) sells Victorinox, but beyond that it's pretty standard department store offerings. I've never seen Raymond Weil in an anchor store, but I can tell you their latest offerings are nothing like the "fashion" stuff they were crankin' out during the quartz craze. They make a nice watch now.

Beyond that, if your friend is just looking for something (relatively) inexpensive, I'm sure he'll be fine. I tend to believe we over-think the "common man's" watch purchase. Heck, I doubt anything sold at Macy's is just gonna fall apart on the guys wrist. My son wears a Swatch chronograph that's been beat to hell and back...the kid is a high school football player and a never-happy-unless-he's-going-full-balls-out "jock" with a sprinkling of beach-bum thrown in...and the thing is still keeping perfect time.

If your friend thinks a mall watch is the end-game of watches, don't try and talk him out of it. Maybe try and steer him away from some of the brands that'll get a man tarred and feathered 'round these parts, but if he can find a nice Seiko, Citizen, Wenger, Victorinox, Bulova...and yeah, even a "subdued" Gucci....and it makes him happy, it's money well spent.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Like Zerodoubt said, they sell Victorinox, but at Macy's he'll surely be overpaying even if they're on sale.

Swatch actually sounds like it could be a fun idea for Easter IMO

There's a Macy's near here that sells Rado, Longines, Breitling, and TAG in addition to all the fashion watches.

RE the original question (do you own any?), the answer is "yes". Much to my chagrin, my wife's favorite among my watches is a Skagen that I keep running only because she likes it.

I have a fair number of Seikos and while the brand is often available in jewellery shops the range available is somewhat limited and most of my watches have had to be imported.

Tell him the flagship macys store in NYC sells Hamilton and tag heuer. My local macys also sells tag, Victorinox, Seiko and citizen.
    Class: Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39
    Avant-garde: Tag Heuer 01 Carrera Skeleton
    Aquatic: Omega Seamaster Pro 300m
    Tool: G-Shock Gulfman

I rock a Bulova as my daily from Macy's. --- most likely going to return it as I can get a quartz Tag for what I paid for the Bulova (on sale, no less - $300)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Seiko and Citizen, fine watches for the price. If he is looking to spend a couple hundred dollars, it should work out for him.

If he wants a luxury watch, send him to a Sams or Costco at the least. You never know what 2-4 luxury options they will have on the shelf lol
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Quote Originally Posted by riddlers View Post
    My neighbor is heading to Macy's, Dilliards, etc. tonight to look for a watch to wear tomorrow for Easter. I offered to let him borrow a Longines, one of two Omega watches, an Audemars Piguet, a Grand Seiko, two Seiko watches, eight Hamilton watches and a few others. He's under the impression that if Macy's or Dillards doesn't sell the brand then they aren't good. I had terrible luck with the Guess, Raymond Weil and other various brands found in retailers. Do any of you have any luck? Guess he has money burning a hole in his pocket.
    The only Dept Stores I have been to with decent watches are: Takashimaya, Harrods, Isetan, Selfridge's.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Thread Information