The JLC Jumping Seconds Complication
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The JLC Jumping Seconds Complication

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The JLC Jumping Seconds Complication

For those not familiar:

Does anyone have anything that has the 1/6th second dial? I just think it looks fantastic and if I can get a hold of one (not the Duometre), I'd be stoked.

For those that don't know, this complication (in the JLC 831 Duometre calibre) also eliminates the necessary loss in accuracy that comes from a highly complicated mechanism - by having two separate sources of power. I haven't looked into it enough to know anything more, but if any watchmakers can explain anything - I'd love to know!
    Last edited by AussieLoads; October 31st, 2013 at 08:14.
    CitizenM and Bill Adler like this.
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 8500 Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 Maurice Lacroix Pontos Day/Date Casio G-Shock DW-9052 TAG Heuer Formula 1 Lavina Manual Wind (Vintage 1940s) Swiss Military 6-512.15 Titanium

Re: The JLC Jumping Seconds Complication

If you'd like to see it in the flesh, I know there's one at Watches of Switzerland on George St, near The Rocks end.
    Amazing dial on this one too. Really interesting texture.
    The complications are kind of useless, but it's just an interesting piece.
    Bill Adler likes this.
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

Quote Originally Posted by BusyTimmy View Post
    If you'd like to see it in the flesh, I know there's one at Watches of Switzerland on George St, near The Rocks end.
    If I try it on, I'll be hooked. Maybe they offer 15 year financing. I agree though, the dial on this is incredible. Hard to pull off a full hour/minute subdial along with moonphase without looking cluttered. Going on the unreachable grail list!
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 8500 Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50 Maurice Lacroix Pontos Day/Date Casio G-Shock DW-9052 TAG Heuer Formula 1 Lavina Manual Wind (Vintage 1940s) Swiss Military 6-512.15 Titanium

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The one thing that bothers me (besides the fact you can only get it in the rose gold) is the Southern Hemisphere moon is indicated by hands, whereas the northern Hemisphere's moon phase is tracked via the moon itself. Kind of annoying since we're down under, wouldn't you say?

I am surprised this watch isn't more popular. For what it is I'd venture to say it's a relative bargain. If only it were available in stainless.
    Bill Adler likes this.
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

I believe that complication is called Fydroyante. (second hand making one complete revolution in several seconds, as opposed to regular chronometer which does so in a minute)
    There is a Girard Peregaux which has Fudroyante Ratrapante features in it. It even sounds sexy :)

Name:  Girard-Perregaux-Foudroyante-Rattrapante-650x460.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  71.9 KB
    BusyTimmy likes this.

The one thing that bothers me (besides the fact you can only get it in the rose gold) is the Southern Hemisphere moon is indicated by hands, whereas the northern Hemisphere's moon phase is tracked via the moon itself. Kind of annoying since we're down under, wouldn't you say?

I am surprised this watch isn't more popular. For what it is I'd venture to say it's a relative bargain. If only it were available in stainless.
    I'm sure JLC would happily make you one! Have to admit, despite the price drop a stainless case would bring...not sure it would be quite the same. Those gold hands look amazing up close.
    BusyTimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoloz View Post
    I believe that complication is called Fydroyante. (second hand making one complete revolution in several seconds, as opposed to regular chronometer which does so in a minute)
    There is a Girard Peregaux which has Fudroyante Ratrapante features in it. It even sounds sexy :)
    Wouldn't even know where to begin pronouncing that, but it looks sexy!
    OzO likes this.

A store about 20 minutes from my apartment has the Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre a Quatieme Lunaire. Good thing I don't have $50,000 in my pocket, or I'd end up wearing one out.

Seriously, this is one of the most amazing watches I've ever seen. The seconds hand is mesmerizing.

I would consider jumping second to be a deadbeat like on the geophysique. This is a fuodroyante or flashing second.

Look at Habring2 Fruodroyante. This one actually will include both jumping second (dead beat) and fuodroyante. For around 8k MSRP.
    Bill Adler likes this.
    Current Collection: Tudor Pelagos Blue, JLC Master Geographic, Seagull 1963

Quote Originally Posted by Zama View Post
    I would consider jumping second to be a deadbeat like on the geophysique. This is a fuodroyante or flashing second.

Look at Habring2 Fruodroyante. This one actually will include both jumping second (dead beat) and fuodroyante. For around 8k MSRP.
    I like the Habring, a company I'd never heard of before your post. The 42mm is a bit big for me, and the 36mm is a bit too small. But the price --about $8,500-- isn't bad at all.

Foudroyante

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information