JLC Polaris Date vs Panerai Pam01312
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: JLC Polaris Date vs Panerai Pam01312

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

JLC Polaris Date vs Panerai Pam01312

Hi Everyone,

looking into getting my 1st proper watch and the two I keep coming back to are the Polaris Date and the Luminor Marina Automatic. I was initially fixed on the Panerai and tried one on today in the Panerai shop, but the JLC is creeping up on me

I quite like the two of these as they are both brands and models that until recently I had never heard of let alone seen on somebody’s wrist.

I would be looking for something to pretty much wear next non stop, and like these as I feel they would sit well both casual and semi-smart attire, also long term durability would be a positive.

I haven’t considered resale as in my mind would leaving either of these behind to my Son at some point.

i understand that JLC might have a bit More prestige as a brand with the more expensive models, but would be interested in hearing opinions of how these two stack up against each other.

many Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: JLC Polaris Date vs Panerai Pam01312

The base Polaris is dull and boring IMO, I thought it would look a lot better in person but I was very underwhelmed, the chrono is a tad nicer, but the Master series has more personality IMO

The PAM wears really well and looks great. My pick would be the PAM in this case. I like the white dial version as well in this series.

Panerai.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What about this Polaris?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -- Will Durant
    joepac likes this.

I love JLC. But I think they dropped the ball on the Polaris look how small the movement is.

I would only buy a used pam due to the big hit on the used market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    medic1 likes this.
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

Quote Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing View Post
    The base Polaris is dull and boring IMO, I thought it would look a lot better in person but I was very underwhelmed, the chrono is a tad nicer, but the Master series has more personality IMO

The PAM wears really well and looks great. My pick would be the PAM in this case. I like the white dial version as well in this series.
    Thanks for the input, really ought to see the JLC in the flesh too to see how they compare. Panerai has been on my mind for months now, originally fell in love with the 422 online, but tried it on in the shop and thought it was too big and the strap was a bit too distressed for my liking, conversely the 1312 wasn’t fancied at all, didn’t like the blue second hand until I saw it in the flesh, shows how important it is to get them on the wrist.

I don't have the exact models you are looking at, but I find the Polaris in my collection get a whole lot more wrist time than my PAM. While a Panerai was my main watch for a few years, nowadays I really have to make an effort to find occassion to reach for it.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese 7-Day Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130 World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph, Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

Quote Originally Posted by 8Days View Post
    Panerai.
    Cheers mate, been looking at Panerai for a while now - just want make sure i’m Happy with my choice down the line

Quote Originally Posted by Don't @ Me View Post
    What about this Polaris?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -- Will Durant
    That is a beauty, really want to for for either black or white for the face - like the fact that the date is close to the memovox (out of my range unfortunately) in appearance

Quote Originally Posted by Xspect View Post
    I love JLC. But I think they dropped the ball on the Polaris look how small the movement is.

I would only buy a used pam due to the big hit on the used market
    Thanks for that, is a small movement an issue in a larger watch? Less durable?

I’m not one to flip things so not concerned about resale but would the JLC hold it’s value better?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information