JLC Reverso Tribute Opinions
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: JLC Reverso Tribute Opinions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

JLC Reverso Tribute Opinions

Hey everyone! I'm thinking about picking this up this weekend (trading up from my Master Control Date). What do you guy's think? How does it look on my wrist?Name:  2016-10-21 18.16.53.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  1.02 MBName:  2016-10-21 18.17.41.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  1.18 MB

Re: JLC Reverso Tribute Opinions

Looks great on your wrist, smart move imo . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

I think it looks great. Tribute wears a bit smaller than other Reverso Duos, but looks more classic than small in my view.
    The key issue with Reversos is not so much how they look, but how they feel on the wrist. Grande Reverso Duo Ultrathin is a few mm longer - looks more substantial on the wrist, but comfort wise felt very different than Tribute.

PS. Can't tell if the stap is closed in your pics - if not, it makes it look smaller than reality as strap is loose. Let me guess - 6.5-7" wrist?
    Last edited by EnderW; October 22nd, 2016 at 05:35.
    drhr and molarface like this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Spot on Ender. I had the opportunity to see OP's Duoface (though not strap it on) and while I think the shorter length would help me, it's added thickness up from my ultra thin Reversos made it a no go, at least until I can buckle one on. I very reluctantly parted with the blue dialed Duoface a bit back because of the added height and it's wrist fit. That said, had I not had the ultra thins or if they were indeed too long, these dual faced Reversos would be just fine. If the lugs are more downward curved (as I just recently read elsewhere) perhaps that will be the factor that makes it acceptable, we'll see . . .
    Last edited by drhr; October 22nd, 2016 at 05:49.
    Morrisdog likes this.
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

it looks great love mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    16570 Explorer II, DJ 16234 DJ 16013, 6466, 1947 Rolex Oyster, JLC Grande Reverso 976, PP Ellipse, Omega Seamaster

Looks nice, I Love that watch but my issue is that it is a touch too small. Well if it was that size but thinner it would be great but that thickness it needs to be slightly longer, like similar lentpgth to the other Tributes

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    I think it looks great. Tribute wears a bit smaller than other Reverso Duos, but looks more classic than small in my view.
    The key issue with Reversos is not so much how they look, but how they feel on the wrist. Grande Reverso Duo Ultrathin is a few mm longer - looks more substantial on the wrist, but comfort wise felt very different than Tribute.

PS. Can't tell if the stap is closed in your pics - if not, it makes it look smaller than reality as strap is loose. Let me guess - 6.5-7" wrist?
    The strap is closed, but was not sized, so it was loose. You're spot on with the wrist size.

Should I go for it?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    Current: 1815 U/D WG | 116400GV | 214270 | SBGA413 | 25600TB | 6694 | Longines Mystery Dial | AT4008-51E | Sistem Frog | Swatch Mickey | Steelers Watch | GWM5610

Gone: Reverso Duo RG | 4500v | 5167a | Reverso TT1931 Choco RG |
    15400 Black | 126711CHNR | 126660 | Geophysic 1958 | 116610LV | 116710BLNR | 116610LN | MUT Moon Black | 16710 Pepsi | 114060 (x2) | JLC MC Date | PAM911 | PAM560 | 214270 (x2) | Speedy Tuesday | SBGJ227 | SBGH267 | Santos | SBGA125 | SBGA211 (x2) | Speedy Pro (x2) | SBGA375 | SMP300 Wave | SBGW231 | BB GMT | BB58 | SBGV247 | SBGX091 | SBGX093 | Black Bay Red | Nomos Tangente 38 | Helbros Invincible Chrono | SPB075 | SPB083 | SBDC051 (x2) | Seaforth III | SBP089 | Atmos 528-8 | Hamilton Navy Pioneer | 7619-7010 | Tissot Visodate | Hamilton Khaki 38mm | 6139-7020 | 6138-0017 | SRPB09 | SRPA21 | SARB065 | Movado Museum | Orient Mako XL | Timex Marlin | DW5600 | Timex Weekender | G9000MS-1 | AE1200WHD-1A

Fiancée: Hamilton Valiant Auto

Instagram: @wwcwatchfam

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by ramonesf2 View Post
    The strap is closed, but was not sized, so it was loose. You're spot on with the wrist size.

Should I go for it?

Personally I think that size looks excellent on your wrist, from the photos anyway.
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/paulo_8135

* Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000D
    * Casio Oceanus
    * Omega Constellation Gold
    * Omega Gold
    * Rotary Silver
    * Seiko Premier
    * Tag Heuer Aquaracer blue

Size looks perfect to me.
    The Master Control Date is a beautifully finished watch with an excellent design- hard to find fault with it except that like other similar watches they are somewhat lacking in 'character' . The Reverso has quite a bit of that.
    I think you would be well satisfied with the change.

Quote Originally Posted by ramonesf2 View Post

Should I go for it?

I say go for it. Buy it. Wear it. Reverse it. Enjoy it :)
    May be it's just me, but there is a very cool feeling from just reversing the face - and it is like having 2 watches for the price of one.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information