Jomashop
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Jomashop

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Confused Jomashop

Noticed that they sell authentic watches and decent discounts. However, looks like because they do not follow MSRP guidelines, the manufacturer's warranty does not apply. Instead, they have they own warranty on the watches, usually 2 years. What are your thoughts on this? Are the savings worth the forfeit of the manufacturer warranty?

Re: Jomashop

IMHO, no. You are already shelling out a hefty sum of money, what's another $150-$200? For that extra 10%-15%, you will get an awesome experience with an AD, and moreover- piece of mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Maseman View Post
    IMHO, no. You are already shelling out a hefty sum of money, what's another $150-$200? For that extra 10%-15%, you will get an awesome experience with an AD, and moreover- piece of mind!
    not arguing either way, but in my particular case it's more like an extra $1,500 or 31%
    rfortson and WatchesinIL like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Are you looking at a Guess watch or something, Joma sells watches at 1000-2000 less than AD and even way more for pricier watches, are you expecting that your brand new swiss watch will have to undergo repairs of thousands of dollars in its first two years ???
    WatchesinIL likes this.

How do you know it's only $150-200? I've bought a few watches from them. Some were a few grand, and have had quite positive transactions. To me, unless you are going to spend seriously huge sums of money, go get the best deal possible, I'm sure you'll find opinions both ways but personally I like to save as much as possible. One other idea and talk to your local AD about what you are considering, they may likely come very close to the online price if it means earring your business. Can't hurt to try it.
    Croatian and yourdudeness080 like this.

^^^^ I need to type faster, all these replies while my slow fingers were moving lol
    BusyTimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothbras View Post
    One other idea and talk to your local AD about what you are considering, they may likely come very close to the online price if it means earring your business. Can't hurt to try it.
    This.

OP, my AD knew I had online options, not Jomashop specifically, and came down from their asking price. It wasn't a matching offer, but much closer. Which just might be within the extra premium you're willing to pay.
    Croatian and Toothbras like this.

Inactive

It depends on the watch, if it's an expensive watch with a pretty generic movement then I would take the chance because it's easy enough to get repaired locally if there is an issue after a year or two. If there's an issue on arrival it goes back regardless so there's no risk there.

Quote Originally Posted by Croatian View Post
    Noticed that they sell authentic watches and decent discounts. However, looks like because they do not follow MSRP guidelines, the manufacturer's warranty does not apply. Instead, they have they own warranty on the watches, usually 2 years. What are your thoughts on this? Are the savings worth the forfeit of the manufacturer warranty?
    You should search this forum for many previous threads on Jomashop and grey market dealers. My suggestion is to identify on a watch that you really want to buy. Next step is to shop authorized dealers in your area for the best price. Once you have that information you will be able to decide whether difference in the Jomashop price to your dealers price is worth the factory warranty and having a nice conversation with the local dealer. Consider that Jomashop does offer a longer warranty and is established in the business.

We can't make that decision for you because we don't know the prices of the watch you are looking at.
    Croatian and Ita like this.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    You should search this forum for many previous threads on Jomashop and grey market dealers. My suggestion is to identify on a watch that you really want to buy. Next step is to shop authorized dealers in your area for the best price. Once you have that information you will be able to decide whether difference in the Jomashop price to your dealers price is worth the factory warranty and having a nice conversation with the local dealer. Consider that Jomashop does offer a longer warranty and is established in the business.

We can't make that decision for you because we don't know the prices of the watch you are looking at.
    Thank you very much, makes perfect sense. I was looking at some Breitlings (like the Skyracer and others) that are usually in the $5K-$7K and they were about $2K less on Jomashop. I will definitely take your advice and speak with the ADs and see what they can do. Thank you to all the posters for your advice as well, it is truly great to hear from you!
    Last edited by Croatian; May 19th, 2014 at 16:50.
    valmak likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information