WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Jomashop?

3K views 36 replies 37 participants last post by  hishorology 
#1 ·
Hi, i am a newbie here.. recently I want to buy an IWC watch ($9450) from Jomashop, but i haven't shopped with Jomashop before, I am kind of worried. I did some research online about Jomashop, some comments are good, but some are really bad... Can anyone here give me some advice? plzzzz

#2 ·
Do some research here in this forum. You'll find the same comments as if you had been the first to ask this question. My experience with purchases has been positive, but I only order watches they have in stock, and I don't plan to send back any watches for refund or warranty repair.

#3 ·
100% reputable. But understand that since they're grey market, you won't get the factory warranty. Warranty work will be provided by Jomashop. This is where a lot of the issues arise.

It's a gamble. I've had good luck so far with grey market purchases, since none have needed warranty service.

#4 ·
They are one of the major grey market sellers. I have made two (smaller value) orders with them and both came in exactly as expected and on time. For watchmaker type service or repair, however, I'd be more comfortable going with a local guy than with their warranty service. Especially so for something like an IWC.

#6 ·
I would make sure you know you are getting the product before you pay. Use the live chat if you can, if not e-mail them and ask availability. I just experienced the biggest complaint I have heard. Ordered a watch that shows in stock, sent correspondence to confirm. No reply to my inquiry, but I get an e-mail that states the watch was never in stock this morning. I call them and the woman on the other end won't let me talk and then hangs up on me. I was asking her "How in 2016 they can't haveareal time inventory feature to the website?"

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I had the same issue with them on a watch some time back. The price was really good, the site showed it was in stock, but nope. That was a few years ago. I have used them for a different watch...BUT, this was offered through Amazon. I figured that was insurance. That deal went just fine.

#8 ·
I have purchased from them with no issues. I have even used their warranty and the watch was returned fixed within two weeks. If you buy from them, make sure to register the watch for the warranty on their site or the warranty will not be honored. You have 45 days to do this, I think. Finally, one thing they sometimes do not do well is accurately describe watch specs. From time to time they will specify a watch has a screw down crown when it does not, or they will be off on one of the measurements. Nothing major, but double check specs on another site to compare if something in particular (like a screw down crown) is a deal breaker for you.

#12 ·
I recently purchased from them for the first time. I immediately had to send the watch back, as it failed to keep time at all. (Think after wearing for 13 hours, the watch only gained three hours). They told me up to eight weeks to get it back, but I doubt it'll be that long. Time will tell...

#13 · (Edited)
I have had positive experience buying from jomashop as well it have kept it to the lower cost watches. With the more "collectible" purchases, I tend to spend a bit more on non-gray market retailers. There is just something nice about knowing that the warrantee issues will be handled by manufacturers...that being said, I have never had any quality issues with any watch purchased gray market or not....

#14 · (Edited)
I'd been looking at a watch for a little while that they advertised. I spoke to them on Monday, purchased and received the watch on Tuesday. It was in stock..according to them. Very satisfied. Same price range as your IWC. I paid significantly less than the local AD..and less than any other online sellers. I ran the watch for 24 hours before I removed tags and wore it. They do have a 30 day return policy..10% restock charge, so I'd be sure you want the watch. 5 days if the watch is defective with no restock charge

i have no experience with their warranty..and hope not to.

#15 ·
Frankly considering this would be a $9,450.00 purchase I would want to be dealing with an authorized dealer and service provider. That would be the case regardless of what we were talking about buying. Let's just round this up and off to 10 grand and say that having a warranty provided through a third party seller and that warranty to be provided by yet another party I would tread lightly with this. I am not a warranty fanatic and have bought previously owned watches for as much as 1400 dollars with absolutely no warranty at all but now we are talking ten thousand.

I'd be taking my cash right with me and working any dealers in your area for a price.

#19 ·
I have purchased watches from them up to about One grand in value. Frankly if I were talking 10 grand, I would be very tempted to go over to the IWC subforum and see if anybody will pm you A.D. information for a discounter that they may know of. The factory warranty would be a pretty big deal to me.
The counterpoint is to buy from them, accept their warranty and hope that everything goes well. You have read the reviews so you have to decide what your tolerance for risks is. Just saying.
Kevin

#21 ·
I've bought a couple of low end watches form them without any issues to speak of.

I'm considering an Omega and Jomashop could save me between over $1,300. Tough call as the stakes get higher on the high end watches.

I admire all of you willing to take the chance, especially on a $9k+ watch. I hope your transaction goes smoothly.

Kenny

#27 ·
Joma is safe and legit. I just ordered a titanium Seamaster 300 this morning. They are saving me nearly $4000. I have ordered from them many times, including multiple Omegas and a JLC. I have never had a problem. Sure I'm giving up the warranty (and I would not send a watch to them for service under their warranty), but I can get a lot of service done for $4000.

#23 ·
Bought a B&M capeland flyback chrono for 2600 vs 7500 msrp I sure as hell doubt any ad could have matched it. Watch was perfect brand new in perfect condition.
Remember the SAME QC at factory is done whether the watch is being if sold at AD or via grey market distributor .

#24 ·
Bought twice from them. On my last purchase, they sent me a defect watch. Luckily my watchmaker could fix it for $10 so I don't have to send it back and lose money on restocking fee. 0/10 wouldn't buy again.
also, their shipping options are horrible. I've had better shipping options from GM dealers like Ashford, Watchmaxx or Dexclusive.

However, if the saving is huge even compared to other GM dealers, I say go for it.

#28 · (Edited)
I'm an international buyer for an item they post as "in stock", though the transaction has been processing for 6 business days. (It's a Hamilton Khaki H70455553.) Their live chat was busy when I tried hours ago, guess I better shoot them an email - my bank says "payment pending", so wondering as to the hold-up. Their ebay shop says it is in stock too.

Edit: Got tracking ID within hours.

#29 · (Edited)
I've bought two watches from them in the $5k-$8k price range.
Both watches were as perfect as if they came from an AD.
I saved enough on each that the loss of the factory warranty doesn't concern me.
Even if I had to spend $1500 on out of warranty repairs I'd still break even.
Considering I've never had an issue with any watch I own that couldn't be taken care of for under $200 (required service excluded), it's worth the roll of the dice to me.
If I had to do it over again I'd have bought my Omega Bond from Joma instead of the AD and saved around $1750.

Just know going in you're shopping for low price and convenience not service when you shop Internet GM.
If you have any problems you might as well be on your own and probably be out of pocket for most/all of the repairs.
If service after the sale is important to you, pay the 25% "service charge" and buy from a local AD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.