WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is jubilee bracelet a "Rolex iconic" thing ?

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  lvt 
#1 ·
I was recently in search for a 2-tone bracelet, found a nicely made aftermarket jubilee but I later dropped the idea. The Datejust are very popular here and they are all on jubilee, needless to say it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable to wear a non Rolex with a jubilee.

Would you wear a non Rolex watch on jubilee without fears that someone might think you actually wear a "fake" Rolex ? Seriously do you consider jubille bracelet is a Rolex iconic thing ? It seems like only some watches brands dare to make a jubilee bracelet with their own logo (like Seiko).

#3 ·
It may be associated with Rolex, but I see no problem wearing a different manufacturer.

I wish more made a bracelet styled like the nice Breitling one, imho the most comfortable metal bracelet (not counting Milanese/mesh)

#4 ·
I vaguely associate it with Rolex, but I don't they were the first to use that design, just the name. Indeed a couple of my older Omegas have a very similar bracelet. It would not bother me to wear a jubilee style bracelet on a non Rolex watch and I doubt that most of the public would recognize the style.

#9 ·
Many Seiko divers have been sold with jubilees. I wouldn't have a problem putting one on any watch if it looked good. The stretchiness makes them really comfortable.

#11 ·
Funny my wifes jubilee is freaking awesome, it has this hidden clasp thingy. I took off my jubilee within 2 hours of getting my rolex just didnt feel like the same quality as the watch head.

#12 ·
Thanks for expressing your thoughts :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.