Just bought an Ultramarine Morse GMT. Fully Swiss made automatic GMT watch w/ Eterna 3914 movement!
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Just bought an Ultramarine Morse GMT. Fully Swiss made automatic GMT watch w/ Eterna 3914 movement!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Wink Just bought an Ultramarine Morse GMT. Fully Swiss made automatic GMT watch w/ Eterna 3914 movement!

Saw them mentioned on ABTW and fell in love with the watch!

Anyone have any experience with these? It seems like a great deal for a nice GMT watch with an Eterna movement!

https://www.ultramarine-watches.com/morse

Name:  Morse12-24-6-12-18.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  375.3 KBName:  morsegmt render.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  25.6 KB

I've been looking for another GMT watch that was dressier and a notch up in quality.

Specs
    • Entirely manufactured in Switzerland (in Neuchâtel, La Chaux-de-Fonds, Le Locle and Grenchen).
    • Diameter 40mm (without the crown), height 12mm, lug to lug 48mm, band 20mm.
    • Stainless steel 316L case.
    • Sapphire crystal glass front and back, inner A/R coating in front.
    • Movement Eterna Cal. 3914A with date, UTC (GMT) on 24h, small second.
    • Power reserve 65h, 28.800 vph (4 Hz), automatic and manual winding, 29 jewels.
    • Hand-sewn leather strap, with stainless steel buckle and engraved logo.
    • SuperLuminova : BG W9.
    • Water resistance : 100 meters (330 feet).
    • 3 year limited warranty, for parts and labor

Love the design! blue of the dial which is simple and not cluttered with text.

It has a GMT sub dial at the 6 position and date with blue background.
    I might switch the strap but have to wait and see when I get it early in 2019!

Re: Just bought an Ultramarine Morse GMT. Fully Swiss made automatic GMT watch w/ Eterna 3914 moveme

Actually look really nice and w a nice movement to boot. Price seems ok to me me.
    Mark Carson and Leopal like this.

Re: Just bought an Ultramarine Morse GMT. Fully Swiss made automatic GMT watch w/ Eterna 3914 moveme

Does the GMT sub-dial come in two versions - one with numbers and one without?
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow! Nice looking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dbostedo View Post
    Does the GMT sub-dial come in two versions - one with numbers and one without?
    No, all of them will be with the markings on the GMT sub-dial. Originally Lionel was going to produce the Morse without the numerals - he told me he though it looked cleaner that way. I posted a mock-up on aBlogtoWatch.com with the numbers and I think a few other people indicated that they prefer the numbers as well. So believing the "Customer Is King", Lionel agreed to make the production Morse watches with numbers. Probably smaller than the mock-up I did and more in line with his Beaulieu Type S/4 UTC.

I've been a fan of the Eterna Caliber 39 since it was announced a few years ago. The modular and modern design appealed to me. Nice to see a GMT movement other than the ETA 2893 available to third parties (meaning independent watch brands like UltraMarine/Beaulieu among others).

I placed an order (for watch #6) when it was offered on Kickstarter. Since that was not widely enough subscribed Lionel went with a direct pre-order model. I kept my place in line and an eagerly awaiting production. Doesn't hurt that my small contribution (which it seems Lionel had already kicked around as a design option) will be incorporated. Price seems reasonable to me. I think they are close to having the minimum number of orders, so if you are interested, order one so I get mine that much sooner, ha ha!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Mark Carson; September 8th, 2018 at 15:05.
    jmanlay likes this.

Oh yeah, here is the link to the post on aBlogtoWatch.com from June 2, 2018: https://www.ablogtowatch.com/ultrama...rse-gmt-watch/
    And a few photos from the post. Watches shown in the the post were prototypes. In the case of the production Morse watches, they will have 6, 12, 18 and 24 markers on the GMT sub-dial at 6 - probably looking like the image Shannyx posted above.
    Attached Images Attached Images

dub82 and nuru like this.

That is a nice looking watch. I like the Exhibition Back and the 65 hour power reserve. I would prefer a darker shade of blue on the strap.
    Mark Carson likes this.

Man I was all prepapred to go full internet troll and that is a sharp looking watch! Nicely done and solid write up.
    Mark Carson, Shannyx and Sebast975 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dub82 View Post
    That is a nice looking watch. I like the Exhibition Back and the 65 hour power reserve. I would prefer a darker shade of blue on the strap.
    Just wash your hands a lot with it, ha ha. Straps tend to darken with repeated exposure to water. But seriously, just change out the strap. Personally, I think a navy blue alligator strap would look great on this watch (and I can get one for well under $100 USD).

Does it have a jumping hour hand?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information