Just Can't Pull The Trigger...
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just Can't Pull The Trigger...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Just Can't Pull The Trigger...

It's been a mega-bad week here on the east coast of the US, so after all the terrible news, I need to let loose and smile for a moment or two. So, here's something I do rarely: I'd like to pose a question to all of the fine members here...

Is there a watch (or watch brand) you really like...read about..pursue...enjoy looking at...and think is a darn fine watch - but when push comes to shove, when it's time to buy, you just can't pull the trigger for some reason?

Now, I don't want this to become a "busting" session; this is supposed to be about a watch you actually like, but there's something that just prevents you from owning it (besides cost, a common factor, naturally).

I'll let you fine folks start, and I'll join in if this one sticks to the wall.

Re: Just Can't Pull The Trigger...

Omega.

I want one.

The cheapest one I want is 2.6k.

Can't do it.

Darkness fills my heart with pain.

Actually there's a few like that. The one that immediately springs to mind is the Starck O-Ring:

I love the out there design, the price is fairly affordable, and I saw one on a fellow's wrist once and thought it was cool. I can't say what it is, however, that keeps me from buying this one. Perhaps because it is both digital and weird even though it has a quiet elegance about it, that I fear it will be unappreciated by other watch fanciers as an attention seeking piece of costume jewelry. Please feel free to assuage my fears and convince me to either buy this watch or at least put it on my Christmas list.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd like to own a Sinn. In particular a 556. But I already have a pilot-style Omega and Fortis, and the Sinn is not dramatically different in design. That's the only thing stopping me, but if one pops up at a good price, I'll probably weaken.

WnS

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeshopman View Post
    Omega.

I want one.

The cheapest one I want is 2.6k.

Can't do it.

Darkness fills my heart with pain.
    Same here, dude. Great looking watches, but what scares me even more than the price is maintenance, not unusualy for an Omega Service centre to slap down a $1000 bill.
    I'm content with my watch collection

I know what you mean. And you're doing the right thing. Being unable to pull the trigger is your gut telling you either 'this watch is wrong for you' or 'you really cannot afford to buy this now'. When the right watch comes along, and your pocket can afford it, you won't get cold feet. I think everyone here has had a watch that gave them this feeling.

I know i have, numerous times. You know, the one that even after buying you just can't stop glancing at it?

the brand is rolex and the watches in question are the gmt master II and the rolex explorer. two dang fine watches in their own right, i simply discovered i like ulysse nardin more hence three UNs wit the same fx sporting different shaped cases.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Rolex.
    Specifically the SDDS.
    I had the purchase cleared with the wife and went to the shop on West Hastings in Vancouver. Fitted the watch on my wrist and fell out of love immediately. The watch-head is ok, the bracelet is terrible. I was wearing my Speedy at the time and the Rolex bracelet was not even close. Even leaving price out of the picture as far as I can, it just did not seem to pop.

IWC

I've been looking for a nice dress watch over the past year or so, and a lot of their models jumped out at me in photos. I love the design of the Portuguese line, and I really love the vintage style Ingenieur, but when I try them on, they're just way, way too big.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Seiko Sumo SBDC003
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Ultra Thin Tribute to 1931
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR

Nothing really comes to mind right now that isn't straight up a budgetary concern. Although, I did have an opportunity to buy a Dunhill Bobby Finder and I skipped it because, while it is truly beautiful, at 40mm, it's just too small for me.

I really wanted to buy something recently as well. I just got another watch, and some straps, so I skipped anything watch related and bought two Nerf pistols. $20. Itch scratched.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information