Just got a new Orbita winder! (video inside)

Thread: Just got a new Orbita winder! (video inside)

Just got a new Orbita winder! (video inside)

Was looking at a bunch of winders varying from some cheapos from ebay to some of the more expensive offerings from Orbita. I really liked the ones offered by Brookstone and Wolf Design, but Orbita just had too strong of a record in quality winders.

I also love their Sparta series and their winding mechanism. The Sparta Mini was just at a good enough price for me to grab one. Although Orbita released the mini to be a ladies watch winder, it seems to handle my Breitling Montbrillant Legende just fine. And at 47mm, it's nowhere close to a ladies watch.

Keeps it nicely wound and I don't have to worry about turns per day or clockwise vs. counter-clockwise. Really gentle winder, takes about 4 minutes to load up and then it lets gravity do the rest. Then starts all over in 10 minutes. Absolutely silent. And comes with a 5 year warranty too! No worries about this one crapping out in 6 months.

Here is the video I made (you can skip to about the 4 minute mark to really see how it works):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ppTmo4Wzbk
    Last edited by oBMTo; February 28th, 2010 at 02:43.

Re: Just got a new Orbita winder! (video inside)

Cool. Thanks for the video.

Thread Information