Is it just me or is ebay getting worse....

Thread: Is it just me or is ebay getting worse....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it just me or is ebay getting worse....

some of you may remember a couple of weeks ago i posted about getting a victorinox chronopro with a dodgy movement and loads of wear that had been advertised as a "new" and "unused" watch by the seller. The seller had responded that item must have been damaged in the post and that it was working perfectly.

I quickly lodged a dispute and he refunded me.

So i picked up a new victorinox SSC chronograph with a valgranges movement ( basically a large 7750) off the bay, it was advertised as new, seller ships quick enough. Opened box today and everything looks fine, however then i noticed that the hour subdial hand is at 10.30 , and resets to that position. So basically chronograph function is useless. I emailed the seller explaining the problem and asking him how he propsed resolving it, that was 12 hours ago and as yet i have not gotten a response.

Why can people not list items with some honesty? I feel like opening a claim right away and dishing out some negative feedback, I'm thinking about calling it a day tbh.

Both sellers had decent feedback, under 100 but everyone has to start somewhere, would never buy anything off someone with less than 10 ever under any circustances.

Re: Is it just me or is ebay getting worse....

he will say same as others. damaged during shipping.

ebay lately has been too expansive for me to buy on few items I bid on compare to late last year, it must be the economy...

Well with the way the economy in Ireland i'm not prepared to take BS off ebay sellers anymore, if i advertise something, i ensure that i describe it accurately, by doing so i dont run into problems, however it seems standards are slipping, This is the third defective "New" watch that i've bought in less than 6 months,, could be a case of people just trying to offload lemons in the hope that people don't notice.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ebay unfortunately is filled up with these cheap, mass market anything with a million listings for the same thing, ALL with a "buy it now". Things are great in the beginning and Ebay just took the corporate mass mode. I don't know why anyone would buy anything on Ebay. Anything that is on Ebay, you can find some where else.

I suspect that this is a symptom of a bad economy. I have noticed that my inbox is filled with about 3X the number of "Nigerian scam" messages than it was a year ago. On the professional front (I'm a lawyer in the commercial finance industry), I am seeing a lot more attempted fraud.

People are getting desperate.
    In matters of principle, stand like a rock; in matters of taste, swim with the current. - Thomas Jefferson

V8

I sell stuff on ebay and always represent things accurately and ship items properly packaged and insured. So far I have 100% feedback. Did these sellers? always negative feedback if the seller doesn't make it right.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Everyone has to start somewhere.....and they can start with someone else. I only buy from people with lots (over 100) of positive feedback and the feedback actually reads "item better than described".

When I sell I note every defect.....and I shoot for "item better than described" feedback.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (3570.50)
    BALL Engineer III Bronze Star
    Alpina Seastrong Heritage Diver
    Ginault Ocean-Rover
    XW Tsunami Silver Sunburst (#75 of 100)
    Steinhart OVM
    Tisell Sub (Hulk)
    Traser Tritium Alarm
    Seiko SUN023 Kinetic GMT Diver
    Seiko "White Knight"
    Momentum Format 4 Titanium

Hey George

Is you avatar a picture of professor Fate from the Great Race?

Re: Hey George

it's only going to get worse. 2 million at Obama's Inaugeration, and 2 million more out of financial desperation ready to screw us. It's a numbers game. Be careful.
    Last edited by Sean779; January 21st, 2009 at 14:29.

V8

Re: Hey George

Quote Originally Posted by Sean779 View Post
    it's only going to get worse.
    I will admit, ebay isn't what it used to be. there are less auctions and more ebay stores, the ebay policies themselves leave much to be desired and paypal is no better.

Unfortunately ebay is the only game in town for that kind of format.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information