Is it just me, or is this seller (from the infamous auction site) out of line? - Page 2
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Is it just me, or is this seller (from the infamous auction site) out of line?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Is it just me, or is this seller (from the infamous auction site) out of line?

I'm sorry, but the photos, while imperfect, were good enough to see the multitude of scratches on the bezel, and the scratch on the display caseback. In particular, it's pretty clear from the photos that in was hardly in perfect cosmetic condition. In particular, there's enough information in the photos to suggest that one should take the description with a huge grain of salt, or to interpret "perfect condition" as referring to it's mechanical condition as opposed to the cosmetic condition.
    Mike_Dowling likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Re: Is it just me, or is this seller (from the infamous auction site) out of line?

In my experience as both a seller and buyer, the success of the transaction is 80% linked to photos and the quality thereof. If a seller has some sketch photos with crazy flash or underexposed grainy images, I simply won't take them seriously for an item over $20. It's like someone showing up for an interview looking like a slob. Presentation speaks volumes...
    Shaunie_007 likes this.

Inactive

Poor pictures, ridiculous contradictory description, watch from Albania, what were you thinking on this transaction?

That said you don't have to send anything expedited at all he isn't calling the shots here, just ship it back and work through the paypal process, you will need to pay for shipping since the original posting I"m assuming states return shipping paid by buyer.

***Edited to add***

After looking at the photos it's clear the bezel has some significant scratches and the case back is beat up. The description as perfect is clearly off but the pictures accurately represent its condition. Just send it back, get your money back and move on.
    Last edited by Mike_Dowling; November 3rd, 2013 at 01:02.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Ebayers who describe something as PERFECT condition (or very similar) when its secondhand deserve a good slap

When a seller uses "wonderful" more then once then throws in a "perfect" and a "fantastic" to top things off in a description I start getting suspicious.
    -JP

so beginning with the letter 'A' which countries would you guys not chance a buy - i will start with ALBANIA !
    next guy can go with the letter 'B' and so on !

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    so beginning with the letter 'A' which countries would you guys not chance a buy - i will start with ALBANIA !
    next guy can go with the letter 'B' and so on !
    Burkina Faso, next.
    shameless likes this.

Maybe that condition is "as described" in Albania.

Chalk it off as a lesson... You bought this on ebay, didn't request extra pics, didn't ask questions ..... from Albania.

Dude, be glad you even got ANYTHING... :)

Albanian soldiers don't even buy ebay watches from Albania.

Name:  Albania-Soldiers-2.jpg
Views: 2103
Size:  118.0 KB
    Livin' the life

Like the picture of the Albanian Special Forces.......With bullet proof vests too.
    Can you guess why they are on backwards?
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information