Just sharing an article about a probably stolen Rolex for sale at Christie's
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just sharing an article about a probably stolen Rolex for sale at Christie's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just sharing an article about a probably stolen Rolex for sale at Christie's

Re: Just sharing an article about a probably stolen Rolex for sale at Christie's

Good read. It will be interesting to see how this turns out. I wonder if the engraving will make a difference?

Re: Just sharing an article about a probably stolen Rolex for sale at Christie's

Dang.

When my tuba got stolen, and subsequently recovered, the pawn shop didn't charge me a penny when it gave it back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really hope the guy gets his watch back. A family friend was robbed by his son, who has drug and alcohol problems. He found his watch at a local pawn shop but they will not return it to him unless he files a police report. He's told his son he will not file a police report report as long as he completed rehab, stayed sober, and held down a job. As a parent I understand wanting to do what's best for your child but it's a bummer he would have to buy his watch back.

Good read for sure. Will be curious to see how this turns out. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IG: Tavio_George

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I really hope the guy gets his watch back. A family friend was robbed by his son, who has drug and alcohol problems. He found his watch at a local pawn shop but they will not return it to him unless he files a police report. He's told his son he will not file a police report report as long as he completed rehab, stayed sober, and held down a job. As a parent I understand wanting to do what's best for your child but it's a bummer he would have to buy his watch back.
    Bailing an addict is never helping them out - if he's stealing from his dad, he'll lie to him as well. Best thing, call the cops- he can lie to them too but at least they won't believe him.

Good article - thanks for sharing will be interesting to see what happens

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Current collection:
    Rolex Submariner 'Hulk'
    Rolex DJ 16233
    Hamilton Khaki King
    Bejing Beihai
    Seiko 'Samurai' Blue Lagoon
    Seiko Presage SPB041

Very interesting to me since it's related to top ranked sailing. Mr. Gardini was the money and the man behind the Italian "America's Cup" entry in 1992.

And just because the folks at these auction houses prance around in nice suits doesn't mean they're always on the up and up.

Remember this news article?

Christie's, Sotheby's Agree to Pay $512 Million Collusion Settlement - WSJ
    "Nothing happens until something moves." -Albert Einstein
    Damasko | Hamilton | Longines | Mido | Orient | Oris | Rolex | Timex

My guess is there wont be a follow up article and things will be "resolved"

Quote Originally Posted by molarface View Post
    Bailing an addict is never helping them out - if he's stealing from his dad, he'll lie to him as well. Best thing, call the cops- he can lie to them too but at least they won't believe him.
    I don't know when and how you draw the line but he completed rehab and has been sober and working for the last year. The first time my sister went to rehab and went because she thought it was the right thing to do. The second time she went because she wanted to get sober and she's been mostly sober and employed for the last five years.
    BarracksSi likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information