Just sold off almost 1/2 of my collection

Thread: Just sold off almost 1/2 of my collection

Just sold off almost 1/2 of my collection

I just sold off 12 watches (Monsters, G-shocks, orients, etc...). which brings my colection down to 16.

I didnt sell them to fund a grail or any other watch. I sold them strictly because I havent worn them in over 6-12 months. Some wise WIS once said if you havent worn it in 6 months set them free. I thought Ill be very sad about losing some IMO very cool watches. But I feel liberated plus now I have a chunk of change setting in my watch fund that is calling me.

I have about 6 more watches that I'll put feelers out on but it wouldnt hurt my feeling if I had no takers.

Since I have a major AD purchase coming in I'm trying to stay strong but its sooo hard not to buy anything until next year.
    Last edited by Xspect; August 27th, 2011 at 04:58.
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Re: Just sold off almost 1/2 of my collection

Sold 4 got 2, I am not really looking back.

Got PAM 184 (appears to be quite rare) and GO Senator Navigator Chrono. Feels good.

Good luck with your collection and congrats in your incoming (saw your sig), DSSD looks good (not on me though, tried once at an AD, did not sit very well).
    Chronic flipper...

Wow...that's a lot of watches. Congrats..I can imagine that does feel pretty liberating. I don't have quite as large a collection as you, but I still have plenty that rarely get wear that I'm debating letting go as well. Mostly ones I purchased for dress/special occasions. It's funny how guilty you feel when you don't fit some of your collection into the rotation.
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've just flipped pretty much my entire collection over in the past couple of months and although it felt a little strange to see the watch box losing watches quicker than it was gaining them I know it will be all worth it in the end, when it fills up again with watches that I've been wanting for a while.

Funny thing, I've done pretty much the same, maybe it's a sign of the times. I had 4 watch boxes full, now down to 1. And I'll probably sell off another 6 or so. I'm concentrating on Russians and I may buy one nice ($1,500 or so is max for me) watch only.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

I know how you feel but just think about that incoming DSSD, I am sure once it's here it would not leave your wrist!.

WnS

Trimming down a collection is like losing weight, sometimes less is more.
    I'm content with my watch collection

I sold off a dozen watches to get the money for an Omega Aqua Terra. When my fund was half way there I was tempted several times by other cool choices but I told myself to stick to my goal. But then the last watch I sold put me over my target budget and I ended up finding a good deal on a Planet Ocean. I decided that the PO was worth a detour from the AT goal I had set. I will miss a couple of he ones I sold but I still have many others. In the end they are just material items, most of which gradually fade in value anyway. The new arrival brings more fun. Now I'm looking at the rest of my collection and thinking there may be a few more I could flip for something else new.

Know how it feels. I sold of 3/4 of my collection to obtain my PAM0090 and my Rolex 16600.

Thread Information