Just wondering is others feel the same way I do about Rolex
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Just wondering is others feel the same way I do about Rolex

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Just wondering is others feel the same way I do about Rolex

I like Rolex. I do want the new larger Date Just, and President, but.......... as much as i like the watch and think they look awsome, i just dont feel they are worth the price. The DJ at 9k, and the president at 30k. When i think of the more exclusive watches i can get instead of a mass produces Rolex, I freeze up at the store and dont buy. It is not the price per se, it is value compare to what i couyld get for the $$. Instead of the datejust, i could get an awsome GO, or 2 Panerai, etc..... Instead of a President, I could get world class. So Rolex, keep your prices where they are, but instead of buying your product, you are making me put too much thought into my percieved lack of value. Does Rolex know what other watches 10k or 30k could buy?
    I CAN AFFORD IT, I AM JUST LOOKING FOR A DEAL!!!!!!!

Re: Just wondering is others feel the same way I do about Rolex

I agree with you. There are a few models I quite enjoy, but when looking at the price there are watches I feel are much better or appeal to me more.

So I agree except that yes they know what 10k and 30k could buy, and they know that most people aren't WIS and won't research it that much OR a lot of people feel that the watches are worth that much. So they still sell an absolute ton of watches.

Quote Originally Posted by CUSO View Post
    I like Rolex. I do want the new larger Date Just, and President, but.......... as much as i like the watch and think they look awsome, i just dont feel they are worth the price. The DJ at 9k, and the president at 30k. When i think of the more exclusive watches i can get instead of a mass produces Rolex, I freeze up at the store and dont buy. It is not the price per se, it is value compare to what i couyld get for the $$. Instead of the datejust, i could get an awsome GO, or 2 Panerai, etc..... Instead of a President, I could get world class. So Rolex, keep your prices where they are, but instead of buying your product, you are making me put too much thought into my percieved lack of value. Does Rolex know what other watches 10k or 30k could buy?
    Mark, you have been a member here long enough to "know" how this thread is likely to play out!

Oh well.....
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Does Rolex know what other watches 10k or 30k could buy?
    I don't think Rolex cares, seeing as they easily outsell everyone else.

I have heard that Rolex once attempted to reduce their prices in an effort to move more volume, but they actually sold less. People want that exclusivity and name recognition and the fact that it costs as much as it does is itself part of the appeal....but for me, the price puts them well out of consideration.
    Current: Certina DS First Chronograph, Squale 20 Atmos Classic, Casio Edifice EF527, G-Shock GW-6900-1, Rado, Invicta, Maurice LaCroix
    Past: Victorinox Chrono Classic 1/100 241618, Seiko SBDC001, SKX779, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, G-Shock GA-1000FC, AWG-101, Citizen BM8475-26e, Oris TT1 Divers Date, TAG Heuer Pilot

I'm sure that many people share your feelings, just as many people don't. I guess I don't understand why that would be a problem for anyone.

Jeannie

I'm sure you will find plenty of people who enjoy their Rolex watches on several of the WUS forums. Don't go too far in trying to equate prices and value because ultimately your choice of Rolex or other watches will be based mostly on your emotional response. How you feel when you gaze upon that watch on your wrist. Go for the ones you like and post a review.
    Last edited by John MS; October 9th, 2012 at 17:26.
    CMTFR likes this.

I think the lower priced models (such as the air king) are fairly priced for what you get. Namely, very corrosion resistant and well made case, 3135 movement (which is a Great movement), good looking watch and a far flung service network. Slightly used or reputable grey market puts them in my watch buying price range.

Admittedly, even the lower priced models are facing serious competition (Damasko, RGM, Nomos, Omega, etc) and there are a bunch of watches on the higher end I would buy first, but the fact is Rolex makes an excellent every day watch. If you want to wear just one watch and wear it at the beach as well as a dinner party with the president, buy a Rolex.

Or a Seiko. From a price vs value standpoint, they're awesome. The one I own is a great watch for the $100 street price it sells for. My point? No luxury watch purchase is rational, and if you like Rolex, it's a fine choice.

Will
    Last edited by Will_f; October 10th, 2012 at 07:53.
    Owner of a bunch of cool watches.

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

Quote Originally Posted by CUSO View Post
    It does NOT matter.

We are talking about time keeping device well in excess of $1K. "VALUE" is not really there already at this point IMHO. Rolex KNOWS what they are doing and what they are worth.

Please really, in ALL honesty, where is the "Value" in simple Patek Calatrava or Nautilus?

I mean, so what, for $30K, one can buy one of the big 3 or Rolex. If you LIKE the look, get the Rolex President.

WHY do you even TRY to put rational about choosing different watches in that price range? Heck, if 2 Pams will give you more pleasure than $30K Rolex, then go for it.

Rolex is obviously doing SOMETHING right to be able to sell that many watches for that kind of pricing. And, what makes a Rolex President NOT a world class watch? I don't know. If you wear that watch and go anywhere in the world, people will recognize what you have. Doesn't that make it a world class watch? :)
    bacari likes this.
    Chronic flipper...

I could get two Rolex for the cost of some Panerai they would look uniquely different whereas all Panerai look the same to me.

Nothing wrong with this equally nothing wrong with what you are saying you prefer.

Its about personal preference.
    Fiery the Angels Fell.

http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information