Which to keep: JLC Reverso vs JLC MUT39?
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Which to keep: JLC Reverso vs JLC MUT39?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hello guys,

I rarely start these watch vs watch thread as many will just tell me buy/keep what you like. lol. I do agree but would appreciate what random strangers on a watch forum would suggest.

If you had to keep just one of these JLCs as your dressy watch which one would it be and why?

In terms of fit on my skinny wrist, slight nod goes to the MUT39.

I appreciate your time.

mpalmer and Sevenmack like this.
    "I tried to think of something witty, profound and horology related to quote here, but I'm not clever enough to come up with anything."

Instagram @qtip.416

Re: Which to keep: JLC Reverso vs JLC MUT39?

Both beautiful watches and best JLC designs at the price range.
    MUT is as good as dress watch gets.
    But my preference is for reverso - it is unique and fun. Nothing like it, while there are few others that are similar in style to MUT
    Plus it is great to reverse the face and can be a fun activity to do in a meeting.
    Not quite objective assessment but these two are both great so subjective is the way to go
    mpalmer and qtip.416 like this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

The MUT is nice.

The Reverso is special. And it looks very good on your wrist as well.

For me atleast - no contest. I am looking at that very Reverso myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by vkalia; October 30th, 2016 at 18:02.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The MUT is such an iconic piece but I have to go with the Reverso. Classic tank design and the amazing movements. You're likely the only one in the room with that watch. Beautiful

In case you don't like your Reverso you can give it to me!!
    If I'm not wrong, your Reverso is TT1931 right? This month, i went JLC boutique since I really want to add one Reverso to my collection. The rouge quickly stole my hearth and the day later i was settled on purchase. Before the purchase, i had a little chat with the staff about another model which i was also consider to pick (Reverso TT1931 black, TT1931 rouge, Reverso tribute duo). Reverso tribute duo was opted out since it is a new watch. And in case I want it later, I will only need to call the boutique to order one. TT1931 black (which is yours) was out of stock (But the boutique manager has one and she proudly shown her watch to me >.<). I settled for the rouge, but let me tell you something! If my yearly watch budget still could cover the purchase, and this model was still in stock, I would like to take both the rouge and the black!
    Sell the MUT 39 since you can always buy it anytime in the future (and yes you can also switch to the black dial with the same price!) and keep the Reverso!
    Reverso all the time!

Regards,
    Daniel
    Last edited by dieru; October 30th, 2016 at 18:30. Reason: grammatical error

Another vote for the Reverso. The MUT is a great watch, but the Reverso is unique and iconic.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Gonna go against the crowd here a bit and say keep the MUT. I am not a fan of that particular Reverso, its the most boring version of that watch. I was offered that for 40% off from an AD and I still didn't buy it cos it was just yawn...

Now if it were the duo, then I'd say keep it...
    NightOwl and qtip.416 like this.

Mut just looks way better. But you already know that the Reverso will win this poll easily no? The Reverso is almost as overrated as the Sub.
    qtip.416 likes this.

qtip.416 likes this.

Pun
    Quote Originally Posted by CellestinoHernendes View Post

Just keep it. Period.
    I said that as that is no longer in production and will give you especial kick after few years. Just my 2c.
    qtip.416 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information