Kello App - How accurate is it ?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kello App - How accurate is it ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I download the Iphone Kello. It seem like it pretty spot on with the atomic clock and the what I got from the RSC.

I was wondering what others think of this app ?
    Dee & Ricky G-shock, Dornbluth 99.1 IWC Big Pilot, Selvin, JLC Memovox, Omega Speedy Pro, Vintage Seamaster,PAM 243 Rolex 1675, 16600, 16610, 16610LV, 114300, Slava Big Zero, Tudor Snowflake Vostok 2013 WUS Amphibia

Re: Kello App - How accurate is it ?

I've had mixed results - I'll need to give it another go in a dead quiet environment - but I noticed that adjusting the amplification makes a big difference on measurement consistency.

It took a long time to get it to detect even a little bit of the watch, but it seemed pretty accurate to me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it's good for quick assessment of accuracy.

Has anybody pitted the latest version against dedicated watch timing machines? E.g.
    • Vibrograf B200
    • TYMC MTG-1000

Doesn't the accuracy of the app depend on the hardware timer in the iPhone/iPad/iPod? How do we know if it's any good?

I have in installed on an Iphone 4, using the built in mic. I think it sucks.
    My T1000 works fine, and is light years better.

Based in South east asia, travelling between

not good at all
    W.A.S. Watch Acquisition Syndrome Patient.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

It's pretty much useless because it requires manual calibration of the microphone, which creates highly distorted and variable measurements of accuracy. You have absolutely no idea if you're getting an accurate reading or not. I originally thought it might be useful for helping to pick the best watch at an AD, but after testing it against my timegrapher I realized it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentYYC View Post
    It's pretty much useless because it requires manual calibration of the microphone, which creates highly distorted and variable measurements of accuracy. You have absolutely no idea if you're getting an accurate reading or not. I originally thought it might be useful for helping to pick the best watch at an AD, but after testing it against my timegrapher I realized it's useless.
    So, you bring your Timegrapher to pick out your new watch? I wonder what my AD would say about that...

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    So, you bring your Timegrapher to pick out your new watch? I wonder what my AD would say about that...
    I've never bothered to bring in my own. I simply ask the AD (if he has more than one in stock of the watch I'm interested in) to put them on his own timegrapher so I can make a decision about which one to take. I've never been denied.

A timegrapher does a lot more than just measure accuracy. When you know how to interpret the data, it can help identify problems with the mechanism.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; February 21st, 2013 at 03:16.
    CitizenM likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast