KHS Conqueror MK II Ballistic Nylon Watch Strap

Thread: KHS Conqueror MK II Ballistic Nylon Watch Strap

KHS Conqueror MK II Ballistic Nylon Watch Strap

In the past 2 weeks I've gone through some serious WIS trauma. I had to sell off my meager collection because of some financial set backs. I've already sold my U1 and my SOA and when my Glycine Incursore comes back from Everest I'm gonna probably have to sell it as well. So, here I sit feeling naked with zero mechanical watches to wear. In an attempt to ease the pain a bit I picked up a Tissot Seastar w/ silver dial for $300 as my one and only everyday wearer. I'm not so much into the flashy bracelet that comes with it so I'm looking for an affordable, totally waterproof, black strap for it. Black strap silver dial mmmmmmm........ Here's the dilemma... The only rubber/silicon strap that doesn't make my wrist break out is the crappy PVC Seiko type. The problem with that is, I used to own a SS 1000 a while back and the Seiko style strap looks terrible on it. It must be the blocky case.... I also tried a Zulu/Nato on it and the Seastar head is just too thick and heavy for 1 wimpy layer of nylon... What about leather??? Well, I have yet to find a "waterproof" leather strap that is actually waterproof and that doesn't end up with serious sweat stank after a couple of weeks. There is also the carbon or kevlar option, but IMO the carbon is too flashy and shiny and don't the kevlar straps have a leather backing??? Hum, now what?

Then I ran across the double thick nylon KHS Conqueror MK II.

http://www.specopswatch.com/shop/pro...roducts_id=282

Has anyone had any experience with this particular strap? How thick is it and what's the quality like? Any input would be great! :thanks
    Last edited by stumpy1972; December 12th, 2007 at 23:02.
    Best regards,

Dan

"I was up above it. Now I'm down in it." ...Trent Reznor

Re: KHS Conqueror MK II Ballistic Nylon Watch Strap

Dan, sorry to hear about the hard times, but watches will always be around. Got to make priorities. I know some things I had hoped to fall in place certainly haven't over the last month or so and have hit the brakes on any future purchases for me as well.

It isn't much, but I have a Vostok mechanical that a co-worker gave me as a gift last year. I like the watch well enough, but it doesn't get a lot of wrist time. I would want it back when you are able to get things rolling again and get back into some nicer pieces, but if you would like to borrow it for some variety for awhile, just let me know.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Dan,

No clue about the one you mentioned, but I bought a Kevlar strap from Howard Marx, and it is Kevlar on both sides. Also a 4 ring zulu strap will hold it up fine. I used on on my 1000 Seastar and wear my Seal on one all the time. The trick is finding a well made thick one. I would recommend buying one from www.broadarrow.net. They have many different versions and sizes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Watchesnboats you are quite the gentleman to make that offer. Thank you so much, but between my cheapy Swatch Irony chrono and the incoming Seastar I should be good for a while. Who knows if things turn out I may even get to keep my Glycine.

Mr. Obie, as far as the Zulu goes, I'm just not feeling it. I have a couple of Maratac 4 ringers and I had one on my previous SS and it just didn't feel right. The head weight flopped around and the extra nylon under the caseback made it stick up way too high making the strap look extra thin and wimpy.

Don't get me wrong I love the Maratac Natos and Zulus as long as they fit the watch. I have one on that Glycine Incursore and it's fits and looks great! (see pic)

Update.... I actually just ordered myself up a Conqueror as Christmas gift from my family so I'll post my reviews as soon as it comes in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Best regards,

Dan

"I was up above it. Now I'm down in it." ...Trent Reznor

Dan
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, and we've all been there around having to re-set priorities and stuff. Sounds like you have a good idea with this new strap.
    I don't have any experience with it, but I say it looks good, and give it a try. They make nice products. I like ths sound of the tubes for the watch springbars.

let us know how u make out

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

Thread Information