Kicking convention into the curb: Bomberg Watches
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kicking convention into the curb: Bomberg Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Watchuseek Editor

Kicking convention into the curb: Bomberg Watches

Attachment 1023253
    Attachment 1028462

I think I’d be depressed too if I had tattooed so much ink on the back of my hands. Nonetheless, this is the debut advertising campaign for new Swiss start-up brand Bomberg Watches. And starting up in a super competitive market is never easy.

Achieving stand out is a must, and these confidently moody and macho posters, not to mention the powerful and brooding looks of the meaty watches certainly make a statement. Bomberg is all about quality build, and plenty of metallic muscular heft. Or as BOMBERG themselves describe it;

BOMBERG is born of rock-solid roots and a cast-iron tradition; powerful, relentless and fearless. No room for compromise – the rebel spirit runs red in our veins. We’re kicking conventional to the kerb with muscular design, sleek industrial lines and standout style with a resolutely male attitude.

Attachment 1028458

So Bomberg really hopes that this is more than just another launch of another line of bland lifestyle timepieces, and instead a new philosophy in the creation of timepieces and the story behind those who wear them.

Attachment 1023254
    The brand will be introducing three of its lines in Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela and Panama, with a planned roll-out to several countries in the rest of Latin America, the Middle East (UAE, Saudi Arabia), Asia (Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia) and Europe (Switzerland, Germany, Austria, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Turkey) throughout 2013.

The Bomberg Collection

Attachment 1023255

Maven

Attachment 1023246
    Attachment 1028464
    Attachment 1023247

Rugged stainless steel design, distinctive pattern and a wear-anywhere style. The collection comprises 16 timepieces, available with both chronograph and automatic movements in either 44mm or 39mm stainless steel or PVD coated cases, a variety of dial and band colour options, and either Miyota OS25 Chronographs with retrograde 1/20 sec or Miyota 8215 Automatic movements. All models have screwed down case backs, mineral crystals with anti-reflective sapphire coating, luminova, and 100m water resistance. Prices range from $625 to $695

Semper

Attachment 1023248
    Attachment 1028469
    Attachment 1023249

The Semper collection features 14 watches with 42mm or 39mm stainless steel, brushed Rose Gold, or PVD coated cases and Miyota OS21 Chronograph movements across the board. These watches feature a telemeter scale, a feature that can be used to time the distance of lightning. There’s also a tachymeter. A Neo-classic look with a contemporary twist and a vintage heart. The watches come in a choice of stainless steel, gold or black sandblasted watch cases with mineral crystal face with a range of face colours and contrasting telemeter and numbers. Prices range from $495 to $580.

Attachment 1023250
    Attachment 1028467
    Attachment 1023251

The 1968 Chronograph models place the crown and pushers on the top. This design was known as the “Bullhead” and was popular in sportier watches of the late 60s and early 70s. Cutting edge, slick black look with smooth, burnished lines and a striking asymmetric watch case. The collection comprises 22 timepieces, available with both chronograph and automatic movements.

Bomberg will be hoping to make a big impression at Baselworld next month, you'll recognise them by the tattoos.

Visit the Bomberg website
    Last edited by Michael Weare; March 30th, 2013 at 00:57.

Re: Kicking convention into the curb: Bomberg Watches

Well I like them just fine!

Ignore that model with the painted-on tats behind the curtain.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

Great Guy pic. Horrid watch faces. I'm not stupid. I see the 'Red Herring' I'm not buying. Seen that with Nixon too. Great Ads. Horrid watch quality. If I want a Fossil, I can buy a Fossil ;)
    Gary123 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Interesting. Interesting, but not attractive. And that's a lot of money to pay for quartz chronographs and 8215s.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Mineral crystal and OS21 for $485?

I like the looks of some of them, and wish them luck but...Yikes!
    WnS likes this.

WnS

If this is "kicking convention into the curb", then what is Hublot or Graham watch doing?
    Perseus, zephyrnoid and Tragic like this.
    I'm content with my watch collection

If Tissot can provide sapphire at $400, this company should too.

The watches don't do much for me, neither classic nor a fresh style.

Your text reads a bit grandiose and further turns me off to the watch.
    Perseus and WnS like this.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

"BOMBERG is born of rock-solid roots and a cast-iron tradition; powerful, relentless and fearless. No room for compromise – the rebel spirit runs red in our veins. We’re kicking conventional to the kerb with muscular design, sleek industrial lines and standout style with a resolutely male attitude."

This marketing copy insults our intelligence.

Buy these watches and you can be just as full of pain as the model!

In all seriousness, they look fine... I kinda like that they provide a bullhead option; that's something you don't see every day.
    And I bet the prices are MSRP, and this will be a brand that regularly prices at 50% or more off MSRP. So $250 for these? On the borderline, but will probably be well received in the non-WIS community (particularly if some bada$$ celeb endorses one.)

(P.S. it makes the Fossil Swiss all the more appealing. How's that for an incendiary comment? :) )

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Bernhardt Corsair GMT | Nth Naken Renegade | Hamilton Jazzmaster Square | Citizen Grand Classic | Kronaby Apex | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Spinnaker Bradner | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

What stands out more than than all the convention they are kicking to the curb is asking me to pay $500 for a mineral crystal. Tsovet tries to pull the same stunt and I'm not having it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information