Kobold Braclet comfort??

Thread: Kobold Braclet comfort??

Kobold Braclet comfort??

So how do you like your Kobold SS bracelets, on the Soarway Diver and Phantoms especially?

Comfortable? Well made and constructed?

Since many Kobold owners have had or have Rolex, how does the bracelet compare to Rolex's SS Bracelets?

Re: Kobold Braclet comfort??

definitely well made, most certainly comfortable. But if you are looking for a SS Kobold bracelet, be noted, they are heavy. They will be heavier than your SS Subs. Not bad, but yes, I would reccomend. I have a SS Seal with an SS bracelet, about as chunky as you can get, and it is very comfortable to wear.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Thanks for the feedback. I like a heavy bracelet. That was one of the reasons I got rid of my Rolex Seadweller. The bracelet was too light, thus did not compensate for the case weight, thus watch was top heavy and slid around a lot, unless I had it way too tight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I find them extremely well constructed, as each link is held together by screws along with the case and bracelet being held together by screws as well. As Mike used to say, if a badguy was trying to get your watch off, your wrist would have to break off before that happens. Of course the clasp still uses friction pins for minor size adjustments.

As mentioned the SS bands are substantial in weight but the Titanium bracelets are overly light, almost too light, especially for my SMG-1.

Inactive

They are solid well made and comfortable but I hope the rumor that I heard that they may be coming out with a new design is true because the look is becoming very common. I know some companies like Rolex keep the bracelet as sort of a signature item, but I think that some variety is good even Omega has several variations on their theme. Come to think of it even Rolex has three different models.

The Kobold (PS) bracelet is well made and fairly comfortable. It is not as comfortable as my Omega's Seamaster bracelet. Nor does it lay quite as well as my Seamaster bracelet. On the other hand, I don't like the pin/collar construction of my Seamaster bracelet - not as robust as Kobold's.

The other thing noticed is that once you size the bracelet you have to be quite careful how you add links back on...what I mean is that each link has a slight curve or arc to it, and that you can put the links on and have them arching in a concave manner. I had to blink a few times, but there really is a right and wrong "side" to each link. That being said, when they all are arching nicely around your wrist -- it's a great fit.

God Bless, Liz

Follow me on Instagram @squibby118

My daily watch is an Omega Seamaster Pro Chrono - fairly heavy, so I am used to somewhat heavy watches. My Kobold PS is no heavier than the my Omega - so the weight feels nice and is not a concern at all.

I will admit that the Seamaster bracelet is more comfortable and fits a little better than the Kobold bracelet. On the other hand, the Kobold bracelet is a more attractive bracelet. As others have noted, the kobold bracelet is oh-so-slightly awkward the way it comes off of the lugs. Omega rounded it's lugs to point them in the direction of the curvature of your wrist. Kobold's lugs protrude outward, which causes the bracelet not to flow quite as good into the lugs. It really does not detract from my Polar Surveyor, which I love, but it is something I notice.

When I purchased my Seamaster Chrono, I fell in love with the deep blue wave 3-D looking dial - I've got a thing for blue dials. However, the Arctic blue dial on my Polar Surveyor is truly stunning in my opinion, and worth every penny that I had to pay extra to get that particular dial. For anyone who is wondering how it stacks up to the Sinn Arktis dial, the Kobold Arctic Blue beats it hands down. It has a shimmering effect, and with the pollished numerals, I think it's one of the most attractive dials you can find.

Thread Information