Kobold Failed To Deliver, Refused To Refund Deposit

Thread: Kobold Failed To Deliver, Refused To Refund Deposit

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Kobold Failed To Deliver, Refused To Refund Deposit

As Posted Earlier But Deleted...we Thought Honest And Accurate Feedback Was Allowed? Clearly, The Moderator IN THE KOBOLD FORUM Does Not Wish To Share The Facts. This Is The Truth And Nothing But The Truth.
    1. wife Bought Spirit of America for me in December, 06 for gift. It was promised for March, 07. It's now approaching June.
    2. kobold Failed To Deliver Watch With Months Of Delays
    3. kobold Has Consistently Delayed Delivery Since Promise Date.
    4. we Could Not Wait Any Longer, wife purchased anothe gift
    5. there Was No Agreement To Wait Indefinitely
    6. kobold Refuses To Refund Deposit Which In Our View Is Conversion Of Our Money To Their Use.
    7. kobold's Email To My Wife Was Abusive And Sarcastic and Simply Unacceptable (would Be Glad To Post It Here).
    we Are Sharing With The Kobold And Watch Community The Facts. It's not about $210. It's about a failed promise, non-delivery of a watch purchased and converting our money to Kobold's own use. I have been a huge Kobold supporter owing a Ti Seal. Was a supporter until learning how they treated my wife. We Did Not Agree To Wait Indefinitely, That Was Not The Arrangement. The Watch Was Purchased As A Gift For An Occassion. Kobold Knew This And Was Askeds Since March To Help Deliver It...they Never Replied With A Respectful Answer.

In Summary; Paid For Watch as a gift With Deposit, Were Told It Was Going To Be March. It's Now Approaching June with further delays expected. That's OK, it's just that Kobold has been selling the watch to other buyers, but at the HIGHER price..So, they have it, could have sent one to my wife for our anniversary.... but they chose to sell them to higher paying buyers. (PS, a friend of mine got one at retail recently, so we know)

So, It's A 2 Way Street In Our View. We Paid, They Kept The Money, No Watch.

This Posting Complies Will All Rules.

Re: Kobold Failed To Deliver, Refused To Refund Deposit

This sure sounds unacceptable.
    Especially taken into consideration that this watch was a gift, did they know this for a fact?

I would like to see the communication between your wife and Kobold.

Lets get it out in the open, and see if this will get your deposit back.

Customer service is a BIG thing and the companies should know better.

Cheers,

André
    Master Diver
    Going DEEP down the world around

Hmm, this certainly sounds like bad service, yeah. If they failed to deliver on time, that would be bad enough -- but if they're selling to higher paying customers, that's adding insult to injury.

But eh... please stop Writing With Every Word Captioned, as that's really starting to give me a headache

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Master Diver View Post
    This sure sounds unacceptable.
    Especially taken into consideration that this watch was a gift, did they know this for a fact?

I would like to see the communication between your wife and Kobold.

Lets get it out in the open, and see if this will get your deposit back.

Customer service is a BIG thing and the companies should know better.

Cheers,

André
    Master Diver
    Yes, they new it was a gift from day one according to her emails. I only found this out yesterday, after my wife came to me with the story about how she bought me the Kobold in December for a March delivery. She was in tears. I had no idea she would ever buy me a watch, thought it wo uld never happen, you know what I mean......So, she did it. Wow. After all the waiting, she had communicated with Dan at Kobold and had asked to cancel on several occassions but she tried to keep her promise. Kobold didn't. The issue is how they treated her...basically blaming my wife for buying a Spirit of America and then, when Kobold did not deliver since March, cancelling. This is really not she could not longer wait. End of story. There is nothing else.

OH, one other thing...in reviewing her emails just a few days ago to Mike Kobold (who again never replied) she even tried to "keep" the order by emailing Mike Kobold personally. She told him she would keep the order (in good faith), but could he advise her on his position if a refund was in order or the timing delivery. He NEVER replied to 2 of her emails, only Dan did and his email to her was rude, sarcastic and he refused to refund the deposit saying "your order is cancelled but you forfeit your deposit". No options provided, not even an opportunit to buy a strap instead, thus, keeping her promise and commitment.

I mean, this is the deal; she bought a watch, it was supposed to be delivered in March, she patiently (like many, many others) waited, she asked about timeframes and finally, when she could wait no longer, this week sent Mike Kobold and Dan, together, an email saying she had no choice but to cancel..

There is really nothing to look for here...the facts are as we stated. They made her "waffle" on what to do...It was her FIRST watch purchase for me, something she had never done before, it was gracious and kind.

Kobold made her first buying experience a real NIGHTMARE. All over $210. Oh, by the way, she even asked Dan if she could "convert" the $210 into a strap, JUST TO GET SOMETHING FOR ME. He never replied to her. I failed to mention that. SHe was trying NOT to reneg on her agreement, so you see why we are so upset? She actually tried to take the $210 deposit and buy a strap for my Seal instead. No reply to her.

Will be glad to provide content of her emails to anyone, both to Mike Kobold and Dan. Here is the one from May 19th and 24th from my wife to Dan. May 19th, she inquired on the delivery of the SOA, again and even went as far as inquiring about a Phantom for me. The 24th, her email to Dan and Mike. Mike Kobold never replied to one of her emails. She was trying to find a way to keep the order, buy a strap or get a refund. He didn't answer the original question she had; when will she get the SOA? This results in Dan's inappropriate and rude reply that they cancelled her order and would not provide a refund on May 25th. Is this fair? She is trying to keep the order as noted below? So, why would Kobold do this?

May 19th, 2007 From Dan at Kobold:

Nice to hear from you again. We have been moving into a new location over the past week and communications have been limited at best. Onto your questions;

We do indeed have a new watch coming out but details have not yet been released. I expect that will happen in the near future, please keep an eye on the website. All of our watch prices are set and we really do not discount as it would be unfair to all parties involved. With that said, if there is a particular watch that you have in mind and based on past purchases I will see if anything can be done on your behalf once you settle on a watch you like. If you would like to discuss the attributes or any particular model just let me know.

The SMG-1 is no longer available since it has sold out, there are some left in the tactical version. Thanks again for your interest and contact. Due to your limited access to email I have extended to you my cell phone number once before which is below. If you care to reach me on Sunday feel free as we will be putting some finishing touches on the offices.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Daniel M. Scioscia
    Chief Operating Officer
    Kobold Watch Company
    1801 Parkway View Drive
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

May 23rd, 2007 to Mike Kobold:

Date: May 23, 2007 11:30:00 AM EDT

To: [email protected]

Subject: Fwd: Cancellation of Order

Mr. Kobold, after many attempts to get the watch we ordered in December, and accepting delays, we advised Dan last week we could no longer wait. However, we tried to make different arrangements. No reply from Dan recently has caused us to cancel. Not his fault, but we just cannot wait any longer. I promised my husband a gift by March, that was the intent.

He does wish for a Phantom or your new watch coming out, I may be able to do something for him, but I had to go buy him another present (not a watch).

Thus, we need to cancel my order and ask for our money back of $210.

At this point, there is simply nothing else I can do. I have not heard back from Dan, even after I tried to work something out.

Anyway, please advise on our refund..We have referred others who have current orders

May 24th, 2007 (to Mike Kobold about "staying" with the order:

"Mr. Kobold, I am willing to continue with my order, but are you or Dan going to reply to my email? This is starting to really bug me and I do not wish to add fuel to the fire here. I asked for the shipment and now I cannot get a reply from anyone....

Please reply...Like I said, I have made new arrangement for my husband for the SOA but I do expect a reply. After all, I have been waiting like many, many others since December.

Thank you."

May 25th, 2007 from Dan to my wife:

"In any event, the order can be cancelled and you will forfeit your 210.00 deposit"

So, all is fine on May 19th, 2007. Then, the May 25th email above. Based upon his email, it appears Dan did not like my wife emailing Mike Kobold. He even said it in his email. However, Mr. Kobold apparently doesn't care about my wife and this situation as he never replied to her. It hurts me because it hurt her and for someone who never experienced a watch purchase before (other than a Timex), this wasn't good. And I was going to buy a Phantom/SMG1 or the new model at some point.
    Last edited by Blade; May 26th, 2007 at 19:01.

My wife's final attempt to resolve the issue with Kobold. She had time to think more about it, is even more intent on getting what they committed to; the SOA. Last posting until resolved...

Wife's Email:May 26th, 12:15pm to Dan at Kobold, copying Mike Kobold:

"Dan, I am going to ask Kobold Watch Company again after discussing this with many watch enthusiasts and other informed people, to keep it's commitment. We are seriously upset at the course of events here. You have made my watch purchase difficult. It's not about your replies. You have replied to numerous emails that I had, but I never got a reply on the delivery of the SOA. Why are you selling and delivering SOA's to others that paid more for the watch? One of my husband's friends just received one but paid a lot more for it? You knew this was a gift for my husband in January 07. I told you so many times. However, it's now approaching June. I went as far as purchasing him another gift, told you so, asked for a refund hesitantly and you treat me like a 2nd rate citizen? Kobold wishes to keep my money, converting it to your own use, and I never got the watch? March, April, May and now approaching June. Where am I wrong here?

I told Mr. Kobold just the other day that I would accept the watch, making special arrangements to get it. It was Kobold that made me waffle on the watch, not anyone else. I wanted to keep my commitment to Kobold but especially for my husband, I even asked about a strap. Never got a reply from you or Mr. Kobold.

I will accept the watch as ordered. I am NOT losing my refund because you wish to hold me to my commitment but you are not being held to your own.

This is an opportunity for Kobold to deliver the watch as we ordered. I have asked and asked and offered payment for months (give you a new credit card, remember?). Those emails are not in your reply.

I am embarrassed, my husband and friends are upset, people with pending orders are cupset and I am asking you one more time to keep your commitment to me and my husband. I am trying to resolve this in a normal manner. I am very upset and angry at your use of our money and we have gotten 0.

Please advise.

Sounds like a big mess! Hopefully Kobold will come through and deliver the goods.

I was thinking about purchasing one in the near future, this may sway towards another brand instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cpenning623 View Post
    Sounds like a big mess! Hopefully Kobold will come through and deliver the goods.

I was thinking about purchasing one in the near future, this may sway towards another brand instead.
    Well, thank you. Don't let our dilemma sway your decision...I love my Seal Ti and up until now, no problems...It's just so unbelievable to us that they would do this...

So, if you have a chance to get one, get it. This is our issue which Mike Kobold will hopefully resolve.:thanks

wow.. I think you have the every right to be upset

Kobold watch company failed 2 terms:
    1. promise to deliver timely as agreed upon.
    2. the request of the refund of the deposit.

It is not a good sign of any company. It displays the lack of respect toward customer & failing relationship with customer. If I were you I would be furious.. and never deal with them again in my life.
    I hope you didn't sign any ridiculous term of agreement to deposit the fund. If you did.. there are few way to fight back legally.

Wow I think this is all wrong, definitely bad customer service
    and commitment with a potential buyer. This is very bad for both
    parties.

A few facts left out from this post...

1. People still awaiting the delayed SOA have been offered an additional $500 credit that can be used to buy a bracelet or anything else from Kobold.

2. The pre-order of the Kobold SOA clearly stated a "non-refundable deposit" if ordered at the introductory price.

3. Kobold has advised that the delay is due to outside vendors delays, which is affecting several companies.

4. I do care about people's opinion, but this persons initial post stated "Kobold stole our money", which is not only false, but clearly a lie. And to accuse me of not wanting to hear the truth or peoples stories is nothing but yet another lie. Post within the rules and guidelines and you won't have an issue.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information