Kobold - It's a 'burgh thing...

Thread: Kobold - It's a 'burgh thing...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Kobold - It's a 'burgh thing...

My last post got me wondering...

Anyone else initially find or become attracted to Kobold because of their Pittsburgh roots? I know some ‘yinz are still in the ‘burgh but anyone find Kobold or become interested in the watches because they wanted a piece of the Steel City on their wrist? (I know the design and quality keeps you coming back of course)

I did not grow up there, but went to school in the ‘burgh (same school as MK) so like having that tie to the town. Additionally, it is a great conversation piece about the unique watch company and its home town.

Since Western PA loses more population due to migrations than any other region in the country I suspect there are others out there.

Let me know.

Happy Holidays.

Re: Kobold - It's a 'burgh thing...

I buy kobolds because they used to be sold by some guy sitting in his pajamas in his dorm room :)
    DW

Good reason

:)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If it counts, part of my attraction is the American thing, moreso than simply a Pittsburgh thing. I like to support American Entrepreneurs and know that Mike frequently gives back to this country.
    Kobold Phantom Semi Tactical
    Kobold Seal
    Kobold Spirit of America
    Swiss Army Nightvision (FS)
    Tag Heuer Aqua sport 2000

Yin's guys goin' daaaan Eat-n-Park get some eggs an nat?

Yup, I used to run the sweeper and worsh my car in the burgh, actually a bit north of Pittsburgh in Butler. Living in Reading PA now and dare I say that my SOA puchase was based 50% on the fact that Kobold is a local Pittsburgh company. Go Mikey! No one has to pull my arm to jump at the chance to re-invest my hard earned cash in that great little city and come out wearing a cool a$$ watch!

Hope to move back there soon..... Got a hankerin' for a Primanti's turkey and swiss with lots of hot sauce!!!
    Best regards,

Dan

"I was up above it. Now I'm down in it." ...Trent Reznor

I've never been to Burgh (I am from Puerto Rico) but I still love the brand for the fact that it is a exclusive brand that not everybody has, still everybody that sees any of mine ask about them and almost always want to buy them from me.

hi -

No Kobold to my name, but that Pittsburghese brings back memories: I spent 14 years there, growing up. Lived for a while across from Schenley High School, but went to Frick, Falk and then on to Pittsburgh Academy. Went then to Duquesne.

Spent a LOT of time in Shadyside, Squirrel Hill and East Liberty (Sliberty!), hung at the Rhino with the House Rockers (Joe Lives!) and ate way too much at the Dirty O...

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Yea, you haven't lived unless you were upstairs at the "O" after 2 AM with a big bucket of fries and pizza.

I am a life long Pittsburgh. Absolutely proud of that fact. I have a Seal stainless and a beautiful Spirit of America. Having Pittsburgh engraved on the watch absolutely blew me away. Go Panthers.

Yinz are all jagoffs. I've been out for 26 years, but try to get back at least twice a year. Our first house was on Post Street in Lawrenceville, near St. Francis Hospital.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information