Kobold mail arrived!!

Thread: Kobold mail arrived!!

Kobold mail arrived!!

Well, today I got an information packet from Kobold in the mail. Very impressed. Love the 1 1/2 thumbs up ad (much better than the Finger ad, which I did find untasteful). Good articles as well on the watches enclosed as well. I am definately going to order 1-2 Kobolds as soon as I get back from vaction (leaving for Malaysia and Cambodia next week, for two weeks).

Looking at the Phantom Titanium and/or the Black face Soarway Diver (love the really thin profile)

Like how Kobold is becoming a real tool watch. Got an email from a freind on another watch forum, who told me how he trained for 3 months with a Phantom, getting ready to swim around The Rock (Alcatraz). Wore the watch everyday for hard sound swims and a lot of other abuses. Watch was actually sent to him from Mike Kobold. So he said since he did not pay anything for it, he abused the hell out of it! No issues! Held up great, and then after the final swim he sent it back to Kobold for them to keep in their mini-museum. Now that is the type of review I like. Especially seing a Chronograph take that much abuse, as that is what I will put my watches through.

I have a Panerai 50, Ulysse Nardin MMD, and TT GMT-C that I am going to sell to fund my Kobolds. Have 3 other Rolex watches, and am going to keep one and sell the other two as well, to fund a Glashuette Sports Evolution. Want to be down to only 3-4 watches, so thinking one Rolex, One Glashutte, and one or two kobolds will serve me better and last a long long time I hope, as I am tired of flipping, selling, buying watches!

Re: Kobold mail arrived!!

Great ideas man. Thanks for doing what you do.

Unfortunately my first (real) watch was a Kobold, and everything pales in comparison. It's actually a bit frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by leopardprey View Post
    Got an email from a friend on another watch forum, who told me how he trained for 3 months with a Phantom, getting ready to swim around The Rock (Alcatraz). Wore the watch everyday for hard sound swims and a lot of other abuses. Watch was actually sent to him from Mike Kobold.
    Hmmm, I wonder who this could be..?

Regards,
    Adam

PS - A Rolex, a Glashutte, and two Kobolds sounds like a good idea to me!
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The RF 1 1/2 thumbs ad is a great one. I agree with you about preferring over the JG ad.

It would be great if the company sold posters of the RF ad (as they do for the finger ad). I'd snatch one (or three) up in a heartbeat.

Kev

Hey Chad! Good luck with your Kobold search.

I assure you it can take whatever you throw at it. It is true, I had a love/hate relationship with that watch, because I knew I couldn't keep it. I pushed that piece to the limit everyday and after 13 weeks of abuse it still looked new and remained +2 sec. a day.

It is one thing to ponder the ruggedness of a watch, it is another to have experienced it. I'm absolutely convinced and can't wait to obtain my first Kobold.

Enjoy your vacation and be safe!

Kev.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by johnm8267 View Post
    The RF 1 1/2 thumbs ad is a great one. I agree with you about preferring over the JG ad.

It would be great if the company sold posters of the RF ad (as they do for the finger ad). I'd snatch one (or three) up in a heartbeat.
    I'd buy one too. Perhaps we should contact Kobold. Obie?

Yeah, that would make a great poster!!! Best damn watch ad I have seen!

Kev, did not realize who you were and that you were on this forum as well! LOL LOL LOL

Checking into it..

Thread Information