Lack of spacing symmetry between minute markers and second markers on reissue of Omega Seamaster 300
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Lack of spacing symmetry between minute markers and second markers on reissue of Omega Seamaster 300

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Banned

Lack of spacing symmetry between minute markers and second markers on reissue of Omega Seamaster 300

I’ve annotated this photo to show the lack of spacing symmetry between minute markers and second markers on the reissue of the Omega Seamaster 300. You may have to zoom into the photo for more detail.

I'm rather surprised that such an expensive watch would have such flaws. Are these flaws built into the printing design of the dials, or is this example a one-off? I hope it is the latter.

If this were my watch I would send it back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Lack of spacing symmetry between minute markers and second markers on reissue of Omega Seamaster

Have you considered a Movado museum??
    What in the world even caused you to scutinize that picture to the extent that you did? I wouldn't have seen whatever you are seeing in a million years.

Re: Lack of spacing symmetry between minute markers and second markers on reissue of Omega Seamaster

Nothing to see here: "affordable" buyer justifying his budget.

Thoughts for the day:
    facts, experience, opinion - figure which yours is before you start typing
    DM's Ghetto Watch Polishing Guide

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Um.........
    Benzinger .. Dornblueth & Sohn .. Grand Seiko .. Sinn .. Laco .. Schaumburg .. Hamilton .. Tissot

I suspect those markers are being shifted about by viewing them through the crystal. Fairly common viewing error.

I dont see it.
    Sevenmack likes this.
    Current Collection: Tudor Pelagos Blue, JLC Master Geographic, Seagull 1963

Ummm... You do know the hour marker at 3 o’clock is a different shape to the others you marked up, and therefore should be different? The others look pretty much spot on and are probably due to the angle and lighting. Given your lack of attention to detail from my first point I’ll move on assume there is nothing to see here...

There’s probably no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    I suspect those markers are being shifted about by viewing them through the crystal. Fairly common viewing error.
    A much more rational answer would be Omega is incapable of printing dials with "marker symmetry" forget in-house movements etc. The hardest part of Watch making is printing dials and I thought I had OCD.
    orian, RickF. and CrispinRobles like this.
    Benzinger .. Dornblueth & Sohn .. Grand Seiko .. Sinn .. Laco .. Schaumburg .. Hamilton .. Tissot

WTH r u talking bout? I see nothing lacking symmetry. Photos are notorious for distortion, but here I dont even see it
    Here is the actual watch - tried it on the other day. Although wasn't for me, the dial looked fine.

Perhaps stick w Corgeut\Debert\TigerConcept... Easier to justify perceived or actual flaws.

Name:  IMG_4375.JPG
Views: 264
Size:  182.5 KB
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Haha, I was going to ask why all the hostility, but looked at the OP's post history. Still a bit snippy of a thread, but in short to the OP, if you want to see the difference between an homage and the real deal, head to a shop and handle a few. They get all the tiny little details perfect, so you feel even the things you don't consciously see.
    Vlance likes this.
    Rolex GMT Master II 16710, Rolex Datejust 116223, Zenith 2542, Seiko SKX031, Seiko SKX173

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information