Ladies Chronograph to help time medications every 6-9 hours, 88 Rue du Rhone Origin?

Thread: Ladies Chronograph to help time medications every 6-9 hours, 88 Rue du Rhone Origin?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ladies Chronograph to help time medications every 6-9 hours, 88 Rue du Rhone Origin?

Hi everyone, I've been enjoying reading the forums. Glad to see so many active watch connoisseurs. Maybe you can help me out. I take medications that I have to take on a certain schedule. Usually 6 or 9 hours from the last dose. I need a chronograph that can help me time that.

So many of the chronograph functions seem to be fake or non working dials. I need one that essentially works like a stopwatch, that I can tap when I take the medicine and then monitor so that i know when its been 6 hours since the last dose.

When it says 24 hour chronograph, does that mean it will do what I need, or only that it tells you the military time for the current time on the watch. I keep finding fake chronographs like this, or maybe I don't really understand the term chronograph properly.

I've looked at the Michele CSX and the Rue du Rhone 88 double 8 Origin Chronograph. I really like the 88, but cant tell for sure about their chronograph functions.

Gold PVD stainless steel case with a black leather strap. Fixed gold PVD bezel. White dial with gold-tone hands and alternating Roman numeral and diamond hour markers. The Rue du Rhone logo marks the 12 o'clock position. Minute markers around the outer rim. Dial Type: Analog. Luminescent hands. Date display at the 4 o'clock position. Chronograph - three sub-dials displaying: 60 second, 30 minute and 12 hour. Quartz movement. Scratch resistant sapphire crystal. Solid case back. Case diameter: 35 mm. Case thickness: 10 mm. Round case shape. Band width: 15 mm. Tang clasp. Water resistant at 50 meters / 165 feet. Functions: chronograph, date, hour, minute, second. Casual watch style. 88 Rue du Rhone Double 8 Origin Chronograph White Dial Black Leather Ladies Watch 87WA130028.

Brand Rue Du Rhone
    Model number 87WA130028
    Gender Ladies
    Series Double 8 Origin
    Watch Style Casual
    Movement Quartz
    Functions Chronograph, Date, Hour, Minute, Second
    Case Material Gold PVD Stainless Steel
    Case Shape Round
    Case Diameter 35 mm - View the watch size chart
    Case Thickness 10 mm
    Case Back Solid
    Bezel Fixed Gold PVD
    Dial Color White
    Dial Type Analog
    Dial Markers Roman Numeral and Diamond
    SubDials Three - 60 Second, 30 Minute and 12 Hour
    Hands Gold-tone
    Luminiscents Hands
    Bracelet Black Leather
    Band Width 15 mm
    Clasp Tang
    Calendar Date display at the 4 o'clock position
    Water Resistant 50 meters / 165 feet
    Crystal Scratch Resistant Sapphire
    Warranty 2 Year Jomashop Warranty

I like a simple plain face with easy to read numbers, and a sleek classy look, not super busy or bling filled.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to determine what listings mean when they say 24 hr chronograph. Is there a universal meaning?

Any ladies out there with a Rue du Rhone or another chronograph with the function I seek? Any recommendations?

I haven't really established a budget, depends on value really. Prefer 500 or less, would go over 1000 if excellent watch I would wear for decade.

Also if I buy one with a leather watch strap I'm likely to buy a vintage gold-filled stretch band from an online retailer with lots of vintage watchbands, but will the high quality gold tone watch and gold filled watch band match?

Thanks so Much!

Lyn Op
    Last edited by LynOprinka; January 25th, 2015 at 05:15.

Re: Ladies Chronograph to help time medications every 6-9 hours, 88 Rue du Rhone Origin?

you should probably be looking for a watch with an alarm as a chronograph requires you to look at the elapsed time while an alarm will actually signal its time for your medication.

Re: Ladies Chronograph to help time medications every 6-9 hours, 88 Rue du Rhone Origin?

I don't take it at exactly a certain amount of hours, its more of a check of how long its been. It is for chronic pain medication, so if I can go longer without taking it, its better, but I cant go shorter if I need to, it just that a certain amount of time must lapse in-between.

I need a nice dress watch for work, and I'm tired of wearing the $15 cheap watch I bought at target.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I used to use a chronograph (Citizen) just like you're wanting to do. It worked, but I found out I was using up the battery quite a bit since I was often starting / stopping the chrono. I was having to change the battery every year or two.

Recently I've been using a dive watch with the adjustable bezel to keep time of meds. I just turn the bezel till the 'pip' points to the hour I last took my med. Have you thought of that possibility? They make some nice ladies divers.

In my signature picture below, the watch on the left is a Seiko 009. The pip is pointing to '5'. Just a suggestion.

Here's a link after a quick search:
    http://www.deepbluewatches.com/lablladiwa.html
    Last edited by RickF.; January 25th, 2015 at 06:12.
    "Time is what we want most, but what we use worst." William Penn

Oh thats a thought. I've never worn one, didn't know thats how it functions. That is a possibility. Thanks!

OK, a chronograph will work pretty much like stopwatch as you prefer. Usually, the seconds hand of the chronograph is centered (along with the watch's hour and minute hands). They will then also have a subdial or two for minutes and hours. The subdial that indicates hours is what is important for you. Keep in mind that on analog watches, they can be pretty small and hard for some people to read at a glance (especially old folks like me). Digital displays can be somewhat easier but won't be as classy.

So I guess the first thing I would suggest, before buying anything online is to go to a watch retailer to take a look at some possibilities in terms of size for you. A small men's analog chronograph will usually be at least 38mm and can be difficult to read. An even smaller woman's model may be even more so. If you are not comfortable with suitably sized analog models, then you may need to stick with a digital display.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Cruz View Post
    OK, a chronograph will work pretty much like stopwatch as you prefer. Usually, the seconds hand of the chronograph is centered (along with the watch's hour and minute hands). They will then also have a subdial or two for minutes and hours. The subdial that indicates hours is what is important for you. Keep in mind that on analog watches, they can be pretty small and hard for some people to read at a glance (especially old folks like me). Digital displays can be somewhat easier but won't be as classy.

So I guess the first thing I would suggest, before buying anything online is to go to a watch retailer to take a look at some possibilities in terms of size for you. A small men's analog chronograph will usually be at least 38mm and can be difficult to read. An even smaller woman's model may be even more so. If you are not comfortable with suitably sized analog models, then you may need to stick with a digital display.
    Yes, size is an issue. I did just go try on some watches and the 40mm are huge on my small wrist. Thats why I like this one (my picture keeps not showing up....any special trick?) I put the picture in my signature, but its small.

The case is only 35mm and it looks like I can read the hour hand. Hopefully.
    Last edited by LynOprinka; January 25th, 2015 at 07:01.
    Lyn Oprinka ...looking for watches and watch wisdom...

Here it is:

Name:  99961469_v_1371889782.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  304.2 KB

The sundial at 6 o'clock is 12 hours so it will do the trick for you, as long as its clearly visible.

Excellent! But do you have any personal experience with this watch, and whether the chronograph function is truly functional, or can I assume with the higher end watches its going to do what I think its going to do?
    Last edited by LynOprinka; January 25th, 2015 at 07:38.
    Lyn Oprinka ...looking for watches and watch wisdom...

I am not at all familiar with the watch or brand. But by your specs sheet, if you are buying from Jomas, they have an ask a question feature on their watch description page. Just ask them and they will respond. Make sure you end your question with a question mark! Nice thing about it is that it will then appear in the question and answer section of the watch and can be used for future reference.

Worst case scenario, if they say it will function the way you ask and it doesn't, you can return it for a full refund. Just make sure you don't wear it and replace all stickers, protective coverings, etc.

when you call for a return authorization, tell them it was not as described and that you were not properly informed when you asked the question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information