Ladies quartz watch for $1k

Thread: Ladies quartz watch for $1k

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ladies quartz watch for $1k

Hey everyone.

Sorry in advance for another "what should I buy?" thread but for as much reading as I do on men's watches, I know very little about women's watches.

My wife currently has an Aqua Terra, which she enjoys very much. However, she told me that she would rather have a bit of a less expensive watch to wear for work (she is a teacher).

So... Any recommendations for a good quartz watch for $1000 or less?

She loves the style of the AT, so that would be the style I'd get her for her second watch. Gold colour anywhere is out, she is not a fan of that.
    Omega, Tudor, Longines, Citizen, G-Shock

Re: Ladies quartz watch for $1k

Edox and Tissot make a number of nice ladies watches that are under $1K. Both look like good values and you can get them for a good discount on Ashford. I recently bought mine a Saint Honore.

Have a look at the offerings from Longines, Hamilton and Tissot.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One of the new Citizen atomic world time ladies eco drives? This is an FC0000-59D:

Name:  81Lg9uECiwL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  191.5 KB
    (the highlights on the dial are more copper than gold coloured in person, not sure if that's a deal breaker)

This is probably the most sophisticated quartz movement available in a ladies watch, and I just bought my girlfriend one of the gold models. The bracelet on these is especially nice.

Or a chronograph maybe? FB1241-53E:
    Name:  81lVgGMudqL._SL1500_.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  180.8 KB
    (the black parts of the bezel and bracelet are ceramic, not PVD)

Problem is with a quartz watch near $1000, you're paying for jewelry and the brand name's marketing hype, not the quality of the quartz movement! My nephew's ditzy blond wife couldn't wait to show me her new Gucci watch - I told her she bought jewelry, not a watch.

All Chronographs except one! Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos *Heuer Re-issue 1963 Pre-TAG Carrera * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" 7751 * Baume & Mercier Formula S * Zenith "El Primero" HW * Mühle Glashütte Nautische * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” * Techné SparrowHawk II * Alpina Startimer Big-Date * Zodiac Sea Dragon * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace * Dan Henry "1939" * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope * Guinand Duograph * (Red = Given away to relative)

how about getting her an older, vintage piece that can be a conversational piece/starter with her students?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelly View Post
    Problem is with a quartz watch near $1000, you're paying for jewelry and the brand name's marketing hype, not the quality of the quartz movement! My nephew's ditzy blond wife couldn't wait to show me her new Gucci watch - I told her she bought jewelry, not a watch.
    Sorry, but what is wrong with jewelry?

I got this watch for my mum at SGD1000...

Name:  1272539d1383650586-my-first-ever-milestone-timepiece-2013-11-05185018_zps0aeb8792.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  57.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelly View Post
    That's really no different than a much more expensive mechanical watch and quite frankly a larger portion of the population appreciates jewelry vs watches. My wife has several $1k+ (actually multiple Ks) quartz watches from Cartier and Hermes but then again she is blonde and she was just ditzy enough to get through med school.

To the OP what style of watch does she want, something similar to what she has or different.

Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown, Ireland & Almancil/Vale do Lobo/Quinta do Lago Council, Portugal

if you want to go the fashion route maybe have a look at Burberry...Swiss made and you get a sapphire crystal...otherwise yeah i'd recommend Tissot
    Last edited by Paulo 8135; November 9th, 2013 at 21:36.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information