Ladies Rolex - advice on selling
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ladies Rolex - advice on selling

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ladies Rolex - advice on selling

Hi,

This is my first post. I wonder if I might ask the forum for some advice. I have inherited a ladies' Rolex - no box or documents - and do not wish to keep it. What would be the best way to go about selling the watch? A friend suggested Watchfinder. Here is a photo of the watch...

Name:  IMG_0696.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  2.00 MB

Thanks for your advice.

Innesisms

Re: Ladies Rolex - advice on selling

Watchfinder will give you pennies on the pound, as will any brick and mortar dealers. They will, however, give you a fast and easy sale.

The other option is to go no the intawebz, figure out what this watch would usually sell for in a private trade (don't ask here, valuations are a no no, but Ebay's completed auctions section is a good place to start) and then try and sell it privatley through Ebay, here or any of the other private sales forums. You'll get better money, but it'll require a lot more work and patience on your part.

Your call....

Watchfinder (assuming you're in the UK) is certainly an option. The price you get won't be anything near what you could get from a private sale, but equally, they won't completely rip you off either and it is fairly hassle-free. If you don't mind a bit more work, then you could invite offers by placing an ad in the forums (both here and on rolexforums.com). Probably best to research the model number, authenticity, condition and selling prices first though, which could involve a trip to an authorised dealer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I'm actually in the same position and will be posting pics of the watch soon. I hope you guys can help find the model number and the approximate price. Thanks.

@talljosh & imagwai - thank you both for taking the time to reply. Your advice is gratefully received.
    talljosh likes this.

Put an ad up on the watch forums, but here is how to do it. Take some seriously nice pictures, not the sort of garbage that looks like you are trying to hide blemishes. Figure out how to post these. Put up your sales listing and invite purchasers to buy locally in a face to face deal. Say in your ad where you are located. Invite interested buyers to pm or email you for your phone number if they would like to speak with you about it.
    Last edited by Gary123; October 19th, 2015 at 15:47.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

@Gary123 - thanks for the additional comments. I've had the watch authenticated by a local jeweller. However, I guess a buyer will want to hold the watch in their hand before parting with money? Getting involved in face-to-face deals seems a little scary! Do people buy watches purely on the basis of photos? Presumably with eBay they must? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Innesisms View Post
    ...Do people buy watches purely on the basis of photos? Presumably with eBay they must? Thanks again.
    All the time, and right here on the sales forum. I've bought watches worth $thousands there based on pictures and some research on the seller. Patience will be rewarded. But first: you may want to check with folks on the Rolex/Tudor forum to identify the exact model of the watch, or go back to your jeweler and ask him to do so. Looks to me like something from the 1960s, the ladies' equivalent to the mens' Rolex 1500 but in ss/gold.

Face to face deals can indeed be risky. If someone comes to your house, how do you know that they're not paying with forged cash or just going to take the watch and run? That's why I prefer selling over the net - buyers can see my feedback and Paypal provides protection for both buyer and seller. As someone else commented above, good and honest photos/description are key to a hassle-free deal.

However, there are ways to do face to face more safely, such as agreeing to meet at an authorized dealer to complete the transaction.

@SomeAssemblyRequired & imagwai - thanks again guys! This has been really useful. This is a new experience for me (and one I'm unlikely to repeat!). I will try the Rolex/Tudor forum as you suggest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information