Last Purchase for 2011

Thread: Last Purchase for 2011

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Last Purchase for 2011

2 weeks ago I was itching to get a Speedmaster X33 and thought it would be a great year ending purchase for 2011..

I was really looking for a premium/semi-premium digital-analog combination watch for daily use and since I have migrated my collection to an all omega roster recently, the x33 seemed to be the obvious target

I just had 2 hiccups along the way...

First, i had a dilemma on the titanium case and bracelet- it didn't really appeal to me having owned several Oris TT1s and Pro Divers before...they are so easy to scuff and almost impossible to restore unlike ss cases. But that did not stop me from wanting it because I knew it probably wouldn't last with me that long to worry about the titanium aging and scuffing anyway. This dilemma caused me to slightly delay in the purchase to do more research and eventually led me to hiccup #2..

If you guys saw my last thread, while I was searching for the right x33 to buy, I stumbled into an immaculate Speedy 3510 that was too hard to pass up on
    and I eventually bought it, eating up a big chunk of my X33 funds.

Now the Speedy Reduced did arrive and I have absolutely no regrets with that one as I love it but my craving for the X33 was still there so I started looking for some alternatives to see if any other watch could kill the craving.

There were 2 watches that caught my eye..the first one was the Victorinox that Jake G. wore in The Source Code and the Tag Heuer Aquaracer Chronotimer. Because of the xmas rush, I thought I'd go retail on this purchase.

After a day of window-shopping and fitting, the Tag won the match up and is officially now my "poor man's x33" :)

It just ticked all the boxes for me with the case being stainless steel, good 43-44mm size, tachy markers, and a diver's watch to boot.

It's no X33 but good enough to feed the beast I reckon..

As always, any violent reactions
    or objections are welcome :)

Sent via Tapatalk for Blackberry

Sorry, the photo uploader on this app is not the best..for some reason it keeps inverting the photos

Last edited by Pee Dee; December 8th, 2011 at 20:25.

Re: Last Purchase for 2011

That's a really cool watch! I also like that Victorinox you were talking about, I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. I've been obsessed with Breitling anadigis as of late, but I can't justify the expense.

Congratulations! My last watch of 2011 is on the truck right now. I can't wait to get it.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

+1 on the Victorinox..it's well priced too specially if you buy it online...retail, it was a bit overpriced in the shop where I found it. Whereas I was able to bargain my way into online price range on the Chronotimer.

When your last watch for 2011 arrives, post it here but don't make me drool too much as I don't want to spend a cent more this year haha :)

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    That's a really cool watch! I also like that Victorinox you were talking about, I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. I've been obsessed with Breitling anadigis as of late, but I can't justify the expense.

Congratulations! My last watch of 2011 is on the truck right now. I can't wait to get it.

I purchased a chronotimer a few years back after researching the similar options. Never a moments regret as I've found very little to criticize. It has become my watch of choice for those movie date nights. I purchased it on the bracelet, but I have switched to the rubber strap because I like the rugged look.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

Very nice, i'm new to Tag, having purchased my two Tag's recently, so i've never seen one of those before, looks like something i could go with further down the line (my last purchase of the year has passed! ;-().
    Regards ​Lee

Breitling
    Super avenger
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 45.5 Black
    Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean 45.5 Orange
    Tag Heuer F1 Grande Date Gulf Edition

It's a nice watch, that's for sure.
    However, if it were me, I'd have probably gone for a second hand Breitling Aerospace.

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

That's good to know! I actually ordered a sailcloth from bradystraps last night for it..i'd love to have a rubber one too but the OEM strap is so darn expensive...i'm thinking maybe an orange or blue isofrane or hirsch extreme later on. I think it will also go well with a quality carbon fiber strap..oh, these watches...there's always something nice to buy down the track :)

Quote Originally Posted by novedl View Post
    I purchased a chronotimer a few years back after researching the similar options. Never a moments regret as I've found very little to criticize. It has become my watch of choice for those movie date nights. I purchased it on the bracelet, but I have switched to the rubber strap because I like the rugged look.

I actually had one earlier this year and I now regret parting with it.

i think the "aerospace look" inspired victorinox to design the XLS MT model I mentioned earlier

poor man's aerospace?

Quote Originally Posted by Spit161 View Post
    It's a nice watch, that's for sure.
    However, if it were me, I'd have probably gone for a second hand Breitling Aerospace.

cheers,
    Jake.

I'm probably the opposite...this is my first Tag after 15 years..I went thru 3 Tags when I was younger..my last one was back in college..the very first kirium model in quartz.

They also have an F1 Chronotimer which I also like.

Good luck with the watch craze!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by del996 View Post
    Very nice, i'm new to Tag, having purchased my two Tag's recently, so i've never seen one of those before, looks like something i could go with further down the line (my last purchase of the year has passed! ;-().

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information