To laugh or cry - Seiko SBPG001
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: To laugh or cry - Seiko SBPG001

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

To laugh or cry - Seiko SBPG001

I have become more interested in digital watches and saw Seiko SBPG001 listed in eBay for $1200(!). The kicker is the seller bought the same watch only two months ago for $450 including shipping and he's flipping it already. He's even using the photos of the original seller. I am not sure whether I should admire his chutzpah or be disgusted at his exorbitant pricing since it'd probably skew the prices of future listings. Seiko SBPG001 originally sold for a little over $200 not too long ago and someone thinks it's worth $1200 now. I think there definitely is a demand for dressier digital watches. I hope Casio and Seiko realizes this and make some dressier digital watches updated with solar and radio technology.

Re: To laugh or cry - Seiko SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by RNHC View Post
    I have become more interested in digital watches and saw Seiko SBPG001 listed in eBay for $1200(!). The kicker is the seller bought the same watch only two months ago for $450 including shipping and he's flipping it already. He's even using the photos of the original seller. I am not sure whether I should admire his chutzpah or be disgusted at his exorbitant pricing since it'd probably skew the prices of future listings. Seiko SBPG001 originally sold for a little over $200 not too long ago and someone thinks it's worth $1200 now. I think there definitely is a demand for dressier digital watches. I hope Casio and Seiko realizes this and make some dressier digital watches updated with solar and radio technology.
    Asking is not the same as getting. If someone is stupid enough to spend the price of an older Tudor Prince for a Seiko digital, that's on them.

Here is something that will really make you laugh, this is a $400-500 watch, but look how much this seller (parfium-shop) is asking for it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Frederique-...EAAOSw0exZ52LL

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Laugh. The seller is an asshat. And a buyer at that price is also an asshat.
    snakeeyes and RNHC like this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

Quote Originally Posted by monza06 View Post
    Here is something that will really make you laugh, this is a $400-500 watch, but look how much this seller (parfium-shop) is asking for it

That's when you make an offer for $2 because $1 would be an insult.
    vinylgreek, Toothbras and wuyeah like this.
    My Watch Pics (IG) ---> CLICK HERE
    Sales Forum Feedback History ---> CLICK HERE

I'll earn $100 in eBay bucks if I buy that FC. I'm thinking about it.
    Toothbras and Ard like this.

Quote Originally Posted by monza06 View Post

Got to be a typo. The person must have forgot to hit the "period" key and really meant $729.99.

Laugh... this happens regularly.
    People post stuff with insane values. Doesn't mean it will sell.
    Also, people flip stuff for huge profit regularly (post BF sale, or after getting a nice preowned price) - that's just capitalism and not much to complain about. I remember Snoopy Speedmasters selling for $3K just a couple years ago, and are now $9K min. If I bought one, I'd flip it for profit.
    RNHC likes this.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

I think you should be disgusted at his exorbitant pricing. I know I am. That and being an image thief. Not only is it low down, it's lazy.
    RNHC likes this.

Chutzpah or a reflection of supply and demand? Seiko hasn't made that series of watches for several years and there are no nice all metal 4 button classic digital watches in production that I know of. There are collectors looking for that model and it's stablemates. So with 2 or more motivated bidders the right watch could fetch $1,200 or more.

Could be that seller made an astute purchase.
    soaking.fused and RNHC like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information