laugh at me, i don't even know how to put on my watch, please help

Thread: laugh at me, i don't even know how to put on my watch, please help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

laugh at me, i don't even know how to put on my watch, please help

ihttp://www.watchismo.com/uhr-kraft-27002-1-watch.aspx

i just don't get it. I've had watches like this, but never had any problem. I'm not even sure how to describe the problem.

i start off at pic 3, but by that point ( my wrists are fairly tiny), so i adjust it to the smallest wrist, but by that point, my fists have a hard time going through.

but i make it, then it's impossibly hard to even clasp it, while having the leather go through the "little band thing" that holds onto the leather???

i know i'm a watch retard, but i've had 5-6 watches in my life including a gucci that had roughly the same mechanics, but this seems just completely different.

If anyone has ANY idea what my problem is, let me know. Otherwise, I'll try to add details in a more coherent manner.

Banned

Re: laugh at me, i don't even know how to put on my watch, please help

The deployant clasp doesn't have long enough folds to allow your hand to fit through when it's adjusted for your small wrist size. You need a new clasp that has a longer span.

why the heck would they have a hole that provides such a small circumfirence? Doesn't that in itself already say, "we're assuming there are people buying our watches with small wrists like that?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dudnaito View Post
    why the heck would they have a hole that provides such a small circumfirence? Doesn't that in itself already say, "we're assuming there are people buying our watches with small wrists like that?
    Not everyone has such a big disparity in the size of their hand and the circumference of their wrist. It could be just you. Have you seen complaints about this littering the forums? If it was a problem, there would be so many threads about it that you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting one. I've seen that same size deployant clasp on several brands and don't recall issues.

Solution: buy tang buckles from now on.

NEXT!

I am at the other end of the curve with 8 /2" wrists. I hate deployant clasps because they never fit the ample curve and dig into my wrist, if they fit at all. Change the band as suggested above or go to a standard strap. For me, even if a strap fits on the last hole it is almost useless as the end of the strap won't go into the loops, making it likely to fall off. Just the trials of being at the end of the bell curve of wrist size. If you must blame someone, blame Mom and Dad.
    Praise without end for the go ahead zeal
    Of whoever it was invented the wheel;
    But never a word for the poor soul's sake
    That thought ahead, and invented the brake

NEXT??? who the hell made you king of the forums, .......... I respect your opinion, but it's not as if my fists are ham sized and my wrists are small, my appendages are rather slight all around. And as I've said before, I've owned several watches, some at least resembling the mechanism here, and there were never any issues. Gucci, Omega, Cartier, none. It could be that this product is defective in that sense, but I doubt it. It's had largely high reviews and it wasn't exactly cheap... but who knows?

I'll go to a professional in a couple of days, but you clearly need an attitude check. Either way, thank you for the opinion.

You only have one side of the deployment open. There are two sides. Open the other side too and it will work fine. Sometimes you need to push in the buttons and pull on it at the same time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dudnaito View Post
    NEXT??? who the hell made you king of the forums, .......... I respect your opinion, but it's not as if my fists are ham sized and my wrists are small, my appendages are rather slight all around. And as I've said before, I've owned several watches, some at least resembling the mechanism here, and there were never any issues. Gucci, Omega, Cartier, none. It could be that this product is defective in that sense, but I doubt it. It's had largely high reviews and it wasn't exactly cheap... but who knows?

I'll go to a professional in a couple of days, but you clearly need an attitude check. Either way, thank you for the opinion.
    Dude, take a pill. It's a joke. You yourself said you have tiny wrists.

I guess I should start putting smiley faces and flowers all over my posts here. You can't give a direct answer nor make a light hearted comment in this place anymore! No wonder the old regulars have either left or don't post in the Public Forum anymore.

bf_

The two sides of the deployant meet in the center. You are only getting half of the available extension (only one side is open) in the photograph. Some have a push button release which might be the two projections perpendicular to the band (a bit hard to tell in your photo) and some just seem to snap into place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    I guess I should start putting smiley faces and flowers all over my posts here. You can't give a direct answer nor make a light hearted comment in this place anymore!
    Hahaha... Usually it's me who gets this kind of thing. I'm quite used to this from the IT forums. People would rather read huggy-feely stuff than short and to-the-point answers, which they perceive as impolite. And that even after the invitation by the OP to laugh at him! Go figure...

Anyway, as eagle-eyed drster below has pointed out, only one side of the deployant clasp is open (well spotted, I have completely missed that)... Open both sides, then it should fit over your ham-sized fists. So... may I laugh now? hahahaha!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information