Left Handed Watches

Thread: Left Handed Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Left Handed Watches

Hi everyone,

As a new member of these forums let me thank you all for your help in answering my questions. I have bounced around on what brand I would like to buy right now and I currently have this question:

As someone who is left-handed and wears my watch on my right wrist, is there anyone making Swiss movement watches (quartz or mechanical) that makes "left-handed" watches? By that I would mean that the crown is on the left side of the watch, but even perhaps the date would be shifted to between the 7 and 8 hour markers. You can't imagine how frustrating it is to look at a fantastic watch only to notice that the date is facing the wrong way for me to read it.....

Thanks for your help. So far I have only found that Marvin (a brand with which I am unfamiliar) and Graham make left handed watches. Graham seems to make them for a specific purpose though, and they are out of my price range at this point.

Banned

Re: Left Handed Watches

Sinn EZM3. A Classic Diver.
    Sinn UX GSG9. A Modern Diver.
    Sinn U1000. A superior Diver Chrono.
    Sinn 917. A new chrono.
    www.Sinn.de

But I do not see why you can not wear a normal (crown on right side) watch on your Right wrist.
    The crown will be on the right, the date also. And you can read both the dial and the date.
    I think you have misunderstood the visuals.

IMO, with today's trend for larger watches, it is beneficial to have the crown and pushers on the "elbow side".

The watches I mentioned above are for us normal guys, but with the crown on the other side for added wear comfort.
    Last edited by Janne; September 10th, 2009 at 14:22.

I know Oris also has a LE which is left handed. The R4118

Last edited by *El Ocho 1*; September 10th, 2009 at 14:12.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Hi everyone,

As a new member of these forums let me thank you all for your help in answering my questions. I have bounced around on what brand I would like to buy right now and I currently have this question:

As someone who is left-handed and wears my watch on my right wrist, is there anyone making Swiss movement watches (quartz or mechanical) that makes "left-handed" watches? By that I would mean that the crown is on the left side of the watch, but even perhaps the date would be shifted to between the 7 and 8 hour markers. You can't imagine how frustrating it is to look at a fantastic watch only to notice that the date is facing the wrong way for me to read it.....

Thanks for your help. So far I have only found that Marvin (a brand with which I am unfamiliar) and Graham make left handed watches. Graham seems to make them for a specific purpose though, and they are out of my price range at this point.
    I am left-handed, and also wear my watch on my right wrist. The U-Boat line are all left-handed, I have a Classico - but the Flighdeck line are all chronos. See my pics:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=297403
    - Rolex Tudor Oysterdate chronograph
    - G-shock Gaussman
    - Disney mickey mouse classic...wanted one as a kid, finally got one as an adult
    - Laco auto "A" dial flieger 42 mm (will replace with the 45mm when it comes out in '10)
    - U-boat Classico AS 2 53mm

stuffler,mike

Guinand watches do have some:

Archimede offers the Pilot L

Aristo also offers a left hand model, can`t remember the model but I think it is the ME 262.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; September 10th, 2009 at 15:20.

Hi, thanks for the tip. I own a normal watch right now and wear it with the crown on the right side, but on my right wrist. I actually like the crown on that side. It's more the date feature that bothers me. When it is slightly angled for easier viewing while on the left wrist of the wearer. I know that is a small detail, but I figured I'd check and see if anyone knew of such a watch. And hey, you found some!

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Sinn EZM3. A Classic Diver.
    Sinn UX GSG9. A Modern Diver.
    Sinn U1000. A superior Diver Chrono.
    Sinn 917. A new chrono.
    www.Sinn.de

But I do not see why you can not wear a normal (crown on right side) watch on your Right wrist.
    The crown will be on the right, the date also. And you can read both the dial and the date.
    I think you have misunderstood the visuals.

IMO, with today's trend for larger watches, it is beneficial to have the crown and pushers on the "elbow side".

The watches I mentioned above are for us normal guys, but with the crown on the other side for added wear comfort.

Thanks Mike,

Anywhere online or in America that I can find Guinand watches?

Quote Originally Posted by *El Ocho 1* View Post
    I know Oris also has a LE which is left handed. The R4118

Does it have an mp3-player installed or what?

stuffler,mike

http://www.guinand-watch.com but only money transfer, no credit card, no paypal. But if you ask me: Worth the hazzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm left handed and wear my watches on the left wrist. After many years of wearing automatic watches I haven't noticed a problem. Can I suggest trying them on the left wrist?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information