WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Legacy Brands

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  NWP627 
#1 ·
Which of the three best known luxury brands' flagships are the best?
Tag Heuer Monaco

Omega Speedmaster

Rolex Yacht-Master II (debatable as flagship, but just look at it)

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Between these, the Speedmaster Professional would get my vote. It is known for its rock solid movement, where the Monaco leaves something to be desired in that category. The obvious Rolex to include here is the Submariner. However, I think the Explorer, Datejust, and GMT all would be equally meritorious.

#10 ·
I apologize in advance but, the Yacht Master looks like a clown car that was in a paint factory explosion.

I think that even Thurston B. Howell, III would think twice before wearing it.

Reactions: DustinS
#13 ·
What the heck is the 10-0 countdown on the yachtmaster dial/bezel used for?

Also, of those 3 the only one I'd consider is the Speedy. The Monaco would be a distant second, and the yachtmaster is not one I'd wear unless my wife gave it to me as a surprise and told me it was her favorite watch ever and I had to wear it to prove my undying love for her. And even then I wouldn't wear it out in public.

Of course that's simply my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Rolex has many iconic watches, such as the Submariner, Explorer I/II, and GMT, but I suspect the flagship is their SkyDweller (previously the President Day-Date).

#19 ·
Flag ship normally means what the brand is most known for and sells the most of, is it not? I know Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is their "flag ship" though certainly not their best or more impressive beer. Other than teh Omega I'd be flabbergasted to see either of those other two meet either criteria.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.