Lemania 5100 power reserve and accuracy
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By stuffler,mike

Thread: Lemania 5100 power reserve and accuracy

Lemania 5100 power reserve and accuracy

I recently purchased a mint condition Tutima f3 with the Lemania 5100 movement. After two weeks of constantly wearing the watch, it still seems to gain or lose up to 5 seconds a day. Although this seems to be well within standards, it seems odd that sometimes it will gain time and sometimes lose time and is not consistent given that I wear the watch for the same amount of time each day. I figured this is probably just due to the settling in period though, as lubricants are dispersed etc (despite being pre-owned, I don't think the watch was ever worn previously). My bigger concern is that, twice now, the watch has stopped while off my wrist at night. My understanding is that the Lemania 5100 has a power reserve of 40 hrs once fully wound. Both times the watch has stopped were after days where I spent less time walking around than usual, but given that the watch should at least have been fully wound the day before, it should still have been within the 40 hr period. Additionally, I was wearing the watch for the entire day prior to it stopping at night. Even if I wasn't walking my usual 2+ miles that day, it seems like my activity should have been sufficient to keep it running for the 8 hours it was off my wrist. Any thoughts? Is this something I should be concerned about?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Lemania 5100 power reserve and accuracy

When was it last serviced, if ever ?
    Watchbreath, cuthbert and rfortson like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I bought a Lorenz (see photo) about a year ago, with a 5100, and it was just serviced. It keeps near perfect time, better than my Rolex actually. It does have about 40 hours of reserve as far as I can tell, but I keep it on a winder so not certain. My best guess is that you need to have this watch serviced before you cause it any additional damage.Name:  Lorenz.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  323.5 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

48 hours maximum if the watch been serviced and service intervals on this movement are every ten years. If the watch wasn't serviced then you should have it serviced.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

I
    recently purchased a mint condition Tutima f3 with the Lemania 5100 movement. After two weeks of constantly wearing the watch, it still seems to gain or lose up to 5 seconds a day. Although this seems to be well within standards, it seems odd that sometimes it will gain time and sometimes lose time and is not consistent given that I wear the watch for the same amount of time each day. I figured this is probably just due to the settling in period though, as lubricants are dispersed etc (despite being pre-owned, I don't think the watch was ever worn previously).
    That's good performance for a mechanical watch. Mechanical watches are not consistent time keepers compared to quartz. Consequently some day to day variation will occur depending on how fully wound the main spring is and what position the watch was stored in. There's really no settling in or movement of oil. It's either in place or it isn't.

My bigger concern is that, twice now, the watch has stopped while off my wrist at night. My understanding is that the Lemania 5100 has a power reserve of 40 hrs once fully wound. Both times the watch has stopped were after days where I spent less time walking around than usual, but given that the watch should at least have been fully wound the day before, it should still have been within the 40 hr period. Additionally, I was wearing the watch for the entire day prior to it stopping at night. Even if I wasn't walking my usual 2+ miles that day, it seems like my activity should have been sufficient to keep it running for the 8 hours it was off my wrist. Any thoughts? Is this something I should be concerned about?
    Arm movement swings a rotor within the watch and that winds the spring. If you are reasonably active your arm movement should wind the watch fully at the end of the day. How active are you?

How old is the F3? If it's older than 5 years and has never been serviced then it's time.

Welcome to Watchuseek!

Thread Information