LEO watch question? Help
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LEO watch question? Help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LEO watch question? Help

Okay guys I am needing a new watch I just lost mine at the beach last week( diff story for a diff day lol). Im a police officer so I use it all the time and I had a G Shock G110-1A that I lost I liked the watch for the most part. But the thing I did not like was having to hit a button for it to light up and the hands and stuff not just glowing. I really had to twist my arm just right to make out the time in the dark on this watch and also about 2 months ago i woke up and the hands were 14 minutes slower than than the digital time and I couldnt fix it. But I probably want to get a none digital display and just have the hands or a watch that the hands and stuff also glow. I have always like the Luminox watches but I also saw the Gshock aviation watches like the GA1000-1a it has the neon hands and number and a compass. So its a toss up between the gshock ga1000 and a luminox 3051 b.o what do you guys think? There about the same price whats the best watch.

Inactive

Re: LEO watch question? Help

"Best" is Subjective. My vote goes to the Luminox.

Marathon TSAR/GSAR should be a third contender.
    9573 likes this.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd pick the G-Shock, since it has more than just timekeeping functions. Either one is likely to survive anything that will happen in the course of your work.
    Guys, I really really really do understand that there was a hack and that my password was reset, but I'm about to take a year off from WUS if you can't stop telling me about it every time I log in. With my password. That you reset.

I just happened to see this piece in the Sales forum. I'm not affiliated with the seller at all, but this will definitely be easy to read at night!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/gly...ed-879686.html

Kindest Regards,
    Portauto
    Rotation: IWC Portuguese 5001-09 7-Day; Glashütte Original PanoReserve; Rolex Oyster 6480 (1955); TAG Heuer 2000 Professional
    Sold: Seiko MarineMaster SBDX001; Omega Seamaster Professional; Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr II B-Type; Wilson Pilot with Sea-Gull ST36
    Older: Tissot Visodate Heritage 1957; Sea-Gull 819.315; Citizen Promaster Navitach JQ8020-52L; Casio DBC-61 Databank Digital (first watch)
    Daily Wear: Apple Watch Series 4 Hermes 40mm
    My Wife's: Cartier Tank Solo W5200005; Apple Watch Series 4 GPS 40mm

Welcome, demo! G-Shock is a hardy contender on this forum. But the Luminox is good, too. It's just a question of what functions you want.

Casio makes some Protrek Pathfinder watches with an autolight that comes on when you turn your wrist and lift in the manner you would when looking at your watch. You might want to look into it. Perhaps some of the G shocks have this feature. The Pathfinders are probably plenty tough enough, though.
    ARMIDA -- A1 Brass
    CITIZEN -- Altichron, Aqualand 20th Anniversary, Golf Watch
    DOXA -- Sub 1000T Professional
    OMEGA -- Seamaster Professional, Speedmaster Professional
    SEAGULL -- 1963 Air Force
    SEIKO -- Black Monster, Accolade
    TIMEX -- Ironman
    VOSTOK EUROPE -- Limousine GAZ-14

:O I like the protek prg550-1a1! I have likes the Luminox for along time but when I look at the Luminox and G shock you get so much more function from the G shock. It will probably be one of the G shocks one with the neon illuminated hands and numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drop of a Hat View Post
    Marathon TSAR/GSAR should be a third contender.
    I know a fellow who is a beat cop or some such, and a few years ago he went from a rotation of cheapies that got destroyed to a TSAR. He wears his on a Zulu. He's very happy with it.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

The watch you want is "Ball".
    Ball has the most bright laminating face in the watch industry.
    Forgot the name of it but they have the tiny rods filled with a gas that is constantly lighting like little fluorescent light, at night you can see it from across the room, you don't need to get near a light source to "charge" the face because this gas is constantly lighting even in day light even though you don't see it when the light is on of course.
    I had a Ball and waking up in the middle of the night to check the time was always a fun thing.
    Do a little research into this company and you will see what I am talking about.
    My collection

Rolex Submariner 16610 Caliber 3135
    Rolex Daytona 116520 Caliber 4130
    Omega Planet Ocean Chrono 2218.50.00 Caliber: Omega 3313

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information