Less worn watches
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Less worn watches

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Less worn watches

Ever since I got my Stowa TO2, I've found myself not really wearing my old Nomos quite so much.

Today I wound up my old watch and popped it on. Looks great in the sun. Why did I stop the wearing it?

What are your forgotten loves? How do you find a way to love them again?
    Last edited by imaCoolRobot; August 17th, 2018 at 07:38. Reason: damn you autocorrect
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Re: Less worn watches

This bad boy hasn’t seen a day on the wrist since my Pelagos landed..... shame really but with my job working in construction my G-shock is my daily wearer and I only get to treat my wrist to something more fancy from Friday evening onwards so..... I like to get as much time wearing it as I can!

I’d like to think when I go on holiday I’ll be taking both and hopefully it will get some well deserved time again....

Haven’t stopped loving it by a long way, I’m
    Just limited on occasions to wear it!

Just because I haven't been wearing one doesn't mean I fell out of love with it. Sometimes it is just enough to have it in the collection... I mean you cannot wear some watches that often, I think this one is a beauty but it is a bit much for every day.
    Name:  20160505_124635.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  2.21 MB
    u2bdet and slcbbrown like this.
    AP Royal Oak 14790, VC Overseas Chrono 49140, Rolex Submariner 16610, Omega Speedmaster 3570.50, Omega Seamaster 2561.80, JLC Master Moonphase 18ct white 140.3.98, Longines 1921 Manual wind, Cartier Pasha 18ct Yellow W3004856 , Rolex Extra Prima 9ct 1924, Seiko Cocktail Time SSA345J1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I had a discussion very related to this with a friend today, and thought about a basketball player analogy. When everyone is so tall, the guys up to 6'3" look tiny.

Feel like most here play with watches that rank in the 9-10 out of 10 zone. 9s are all great watches. 10s are truly special. It's easy to enjoy and not want to part with every watch we've owned, because every one is a "great" piece. But the ones that don't naturally make it into rotation probably aren't special and thus get flipped.
    imaCoolRobot and Humblebud like this.

You haven't finished your honeymoon with the Stowa yet. Wait till you do.
    imaCoolRobot likes this.
    Bulova> 96B251. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SBDX017, SLA017.

B79

2018 saw the arrival of a Speedmaster and the Pelagos LHD. Excluding these two and the G-Shock for running activities, EVERYTHING else has been neglected. Looks like I'll be advertising in the Private Sellers forum soon.
    Humblebud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by obomomomo View Post
    You haven't finished your honeymoon with the Stowa yet. Wait till you do.
    I don’t really need that Tudor BlackBay 58 right?
    Honeymoon with the Nomos lasted 2 1/2 years.
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by imaCoolRobot View Post
    I don’t really need that Tudor BlackBay 58 right?
    Honeymoon with the Nomos lasted 2 1/2 years.
    Oh I'd say you still need the BB

All kidding aside though, that BB is a real beauty. Best Tudor yet IMO.
    imaCoolRobot likes this.
    Bulova> 96B251. Casio> 5600E. Damasko> DS30. GrandSeiko> SBGH205. Rolex> 116500LN, 16710. Seiko> SARB017, SARB033, SBDX017, SLA017.

TL;DR: each watch has its own aspects that could be appreciated, if one could find these aspects over the long term.

Up to now, I don't sell, ever, so my neglected watches somewhat demand attention just by being here.

I try to look at and wear neglected watches sometimes, and try to appreciate each for what it is. Out of 12 watches, I have two or three that are chronically neglected. Two of them were gifts, one from my Dad, one from my Grandfather. Kind of makes sense, to have no love of watches that I didn't buy for myself. One I don't wear because it's so recognizable, I dislike that very much, I dislike the look, and since my Dad kept it relatively scratch-free, I want to keep it that way (EDIT: this one also has stretched middle links, that I don't want to stretch further). The other has stretched middle links, and I don't want to stretch them further. One I bought for myself, I love the look, but it's literally a pain to wear with heavy case and polyurethane strap.

The other nine watches, I wear them at least once in awhile, and appreciate aspects of each one. My lightest, thinnest, most comfortable, little-details-intriguing, least expensive watch that I bought five years ago is hogging wrist time like I couldn't believe. Not that long ago, it was one of my neglected watches. Now I just love it, for its legibility, lightness/comfort, go-anywhere-do-everything-ness-scratch-lose-damage-without-care, and solar for next to no maintenance.
    Last edited by rdoder; August 17th, 2018 at 15:12.
    imaCoolRobot likes this.

I like it when I decide to change my watch and open up my watch case and find a watch in there that I'd completely forgotten about! It's like getting a new watch that I know I already absolutely love, but without having to do any research or wait for the postman.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information