Let's play a game!...

Thread: Let's play a game!...

Let's play a game!...

You know when people say that the watch you wear says a lot about you?

Well let's see how true that really is.

Below are some watches I bought recently.

What do these watches say about me?

P.S. I have many other watches like Cartier, Seiko etc. but they were gifts so they don't count.

Re: Let's play a game!...

Hmm....

1. You like quartz

2. You wonder what other people think about you

Can't deduce much else though...

Just for fun , i dont want a broken nose. i would say a between 35 and 50
    well built , like to make a good impression, maybe opinionated. please let us know how wrong we are.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    Hmm....

1. You like quartz

2. You wonder what other people think about you

Can't deduce much else though...
    Yep I like quartz but the question is about my personality. I'm confident about myself not to worry what other people think. This experiement is about the adage and I'm the test subject.

Quote Originally Posted by sangman View Post
    Just for fun , i dont want a broken nose. i would say a between 35 and 50
    well built , like to make a good impression, maybe opinionated. please let us know how wrong we are.
    Nice try.
    Quite a large age bracket there but you still missed. Yes, I'm well built (genetically) and I do like to make a good impression, always. You're right, I'm opininated but I do have an incredibly open mind and am more than willing to accept that I may be 'wrong'.

Nice 1.

I might as well give it a try.
    Seiko, Tissot, Orient, Quartz.

lots of chronos, mixed bands.
    possible age 22-26
    military or police background?
    Location Mediteranean/Mid East?

Quote Originally Posted by TimeSeeker View Post
    I might as well give it a try.
    Seiko, Tissot, Orient, Quartz.

lots of chronos, mixed bands.
    possible age 22-26
    military or police background?
    Location Mediteranean/Mid East?
    My age is well outside the age backet.

Milltary background? nope.

Good try!

Inactive

You can't be trusted to behave responsibly with alien life forms.

Oops, that's based on your user name, not your watches.

You care more about the looks than function, dont really think too much about whats inside the watch as long as it gets noticed. Also you really really care what other think about you. Because:

1.all but one are quartz
    2. all are flashy and overstated and big
    3. you posted a thread asking what kind of a guy we think you are.

Im not being negative, people collect watches for different reasons. I collect them because im an engineer and love the fact i can tell the time using only mechanics, only gears and springs. To me its fascinating. Thats why i prefer to have a see through back, and i dont care for quartz.

(PS, love the orient BTW)

OK, I'll play.
    You like to be noticed. Not just briefly, but to stand out and make an impression. However, you do not want to be seen as trying too hard nor as overly ostentatious. You're not looking to impress with wealth or gold for the sake of wealth or gold, but with taste and intricacy.

Speaking of which, you greatly admire intricacy, precision and engineering (having the automatic makes me think of this, but it's not your main focus, it seems). Either you have a career (or hobby) which relies on accurate timing, or you have a love for those things.

And, while you have an admiration for all of these things and like to stand out, you are also very practical. You chose watches that will be noticed and have a lot of functions, but each element of the designs serves a purpose (whether or not most people ever use them). You're a form follows function kind of person, but like that form displayed, and you find beauty in that.

I'm not a psychologist nor do I know that much about horology, and this is just a Sunday during the snowstorm stab at a personality based on a few pictures of watches, but, there you go.
    Last edited by Sertsa; November 16th, 2008 at 23:16. Reason: argh--typo

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonChris View Post
    You can't be trusted to behave responsibly with alien life forms.

Oops, that's based on your user name, not your watches.
    Haha! I was waiting to see how long it would take for some to find that out!

Quote Originally Posted by polaco23 View Post
    You care more about the looks than function, dont really think too much about whats inside the watch as long as it gets noticed. Also you really really care what other think about you. Because:

1.all but one are quartz
    2. all are flashy and overstated and big
    3. you posted a thread asking what kind of a guy we think you are.

Im not being negative, people collect watches for different reasons. I collect them because im an engineer and love the fact i can tell the time using only mechanics, only gears and springs. To me its fascinating. Thats why i prefer to have a see through back, and i dont care for quartz.

(PS, love the orient BTW)
    Good try but a bit off. I like looks AND function and I care a lot oabout quality and the insides of a watch. Some are overstated but they are quality watches. Remember - I'm testing the adage and I'm using myself as the test subject. I know what kind of person I am (mostly) .

I like mechanics which is why I have one but not at the cost of accuracy and rewinding. I hate having to remember to wind up the watch and it conflicts with my dependability criterion.

Remember, what do my selection say about me and not my preference in watches? The adage refers to a person's personality, the choice of watch is obvious. That's what I'm trying to findo ut. :thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sertsa View Post
    OK, I'll play.
    You like to be noticed. Not just briefly, but to stand out and make an impression. However, you do not want to be seen as trying too hard nor as overly ostentatious. You're not looking to impress with wealth or gold for the sake of wealth or gold, but with taste and intricacy.
    Spot on. Well done.

Speaking of which, you greatly admire intricacy, precision and engineering (having the automatic makes me think of this, but it's not your main focus, it seems). Either you have a career (or hobby) which relies on accurate timing, or you have a love for those things.
    Spot on again. Whilst I admire the automatic watches I need precise time all the time because of my active days without having to worry about winding up. That's why I have the Orient for non-time critical occassions.

You're a form follows function kind of person, but like that form displayed, and you find beauty in that.
    Now were getting there! This is part of my personality because I am an Engineer.

I'm not a psychologist nor do I know that much about horology, and this is just a Sunday during the snowstorm stab at a personality bast on a few pictures of watches, but, there you go.
    Great attempt. I feel a little exposed now...

Keep 'em coming...

Thread Information