Let's Talk Field Watches! What's your favorite? Let's see em!
Like Tree464Likes

Thread: Let's Talk Field Watches! What's your favorite? Let's see em!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

My very first watch was a Timex, hand wound mechanical, given to me by my grandmother when I was 7 years old. I wish I still had that watch, but I do remember it well. In fact, ever since then, I've been drawn to the simple, utilitarian, classic, unpretentious design of the basic field watch dial. After 8 years of collecting, I just realized that a big portion of my collection consists of field watches. I don't think there is a better design for an everyday wear watch. My preference is for small, simple numerals on the dial. For me, 24 hour sub-numerals just give it a cool military charm as well. For some, field watches may seem boring, but to me, when done right, they are watch perfection.

Here are some of my field watches that I've come to love. Lets see yours! What's your favorite and why?

The closest design to the one I first had as a child is the Hamilton Khaki Field. I've had many variations including the popular Khaki Field Mechanical. My new favorite is the bead blasted quartz version of that watch.

My Khaki King quartz and hand wind mechanical.

My Traser Military field watches

Marathon Tsar and General Purpose Quartz

Timex Waterbury

Breitling Colt Quartz

I love the vintage design of the CWC range. I recently picked up the new G-10 with sapphire and screwdown crown, as well as the quartz chrono sapphire. I absolutely love em

Alright Gents, Let's see some more field watches!
    Drumguy, avusblue, Ard and 12 others like this.
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

Re: Let's Talk Field Watches! What's your favorite? Let's see em!

Wow, you really are tempting me with some of these quartz watches, especially that Timex Waterbury looks way nicer than I would have thought.
    scooby and WastedYears like this.

I'm a big fan of the Khaki Field Mechanical (hand-winding ETA 2804-2). Mine is the OD dial, which although less versatile than the black dial is arguably a bit more fun when it catches the light.

I think it's a lot of bang for the buck and a great choice for people looking for an affordable mechanical watch in general. For those who want a sort of vintage-feel but modern field watch, it's a good one.
    Drumguy, Ard, scooby and 9 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Khaki field mechanical for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ard, scooby, oztech and 3 others like this.
    Sinn 556 I
    Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical
    Citizen Brycen Chronograph
    Traser H3 Officer Pro
    G Shock G-100 1-BV
    Timex Weekender
    Casio World Time
    Casio MRW-200H
    1924 Elgin Pocket Watch

I currently have a Timex Weekender, but I'm hoping to upgrade to a Hamilton Khaki Field in 2018!
    scooby and soaking.fused like this.
    SEIKO | TISELL | CASIO | TIMEX

Ard

OP, how is the time keeping on the Timex Waterbury? I realize that we don't all check such things but I expect reasonable accuracy from a quartz watch. That watch I could buy right now just based on appearance but would be disappointed if it ended up fast or slow to a significant degree.

Thanks

Love field watches...here are mine.

Name:  field.JPG
Views: 1938
Size:  118.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Guy View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Khaki Field Mechanical (hand-winding ETA 2804-2). Mine is the OD dial, which although less versatile than the black dial is arguably a bit more fun when it catches the light.

I think it's a lot of bang for the buck and a great choice for people looking for an affordable mechanical watch in general. For those who want a sort of vintage-feel but modern field watch, it's a good one.

Military Field Watch perfection right there! Hamilton knocked it out of the park with that watch. The dial and hands are perfection. Paired with domed sapphire and drilled lugs..all for under $300!!
    Last edited by scooby; May 23rd, 2017 at 21:51.
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    OP, how is the time keeping on the Timex Waterbury? I realize that we don't all check such things but I expect reasonable accuracy from a quartz watch. That watch I could buy right now just based on appearance but would be disappointed if it ended up fast or slow to a significant degree.

Thanks
    Im going to have to get back to you on that one Ard. When I had it next to my HAQ Breitling today, I noticed the Timex was slow by nearly 5 minutes. I don't think that's normal for Quartz. Now, that could very well be that I set the time wrong with the last daylight savings swap. I'm betting on it, and hoping that's the case. I'm going to re-hack it with the atomic clock now. I'll keep you updated.
    C

Quote Originally Posted by mak1277 View Post
    Love field watches...here are mine.

Name:  field.JPG
Views: 1938
Size:  118.7 KB
    I LOVE that Archimede Outdoor and have been tempted many times. How do you like it? Also, the watch to the right...I've seen that one a few times before too. I've tried to find one with no luck. I'm pretty sure that model is well out of production and I can't remember the make. The dial and case on that one is fantastic though.
    C

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information